China

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I hope it's a bigger backlash than that. People got mad for awhile and cheered on the protestors. Lots of righteous rhetoric, but in the end, nobody did ****. Within about ten years, they were in the WTO, had Most Favored Nation status with the United States, were funneling money to Democratic politicians, and buying US missile technology.

We need to NOT have a Tiananmen backlash. We need fundamentally change China's position with the West. They are enemies, not partners and should be treated as such. That doesn't mean we should go to war with them, but their days as a major trading partner should be numbered.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I was just reading something by a different writer then the one above, who professed to be a "China expert." He thinks this will be larger than Tiananmen and that the CCP wont still be around in 5 years.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

from a 2003 film

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Can you guess where the 2022 Winter Olympics are scheduled to be held?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's a little surprising Carlos allowed this to go to print

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Not me. Governments exist to take care of us. We should just do what they say.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Dead Zone for the win!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Armored vehicle and guns drawn
    All this for a female-owned bar in Odessa, TX called "Big Daddy Zane’s"

• poop poop x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good grief
    Is there a liberal alive today who is not a total and complete hypocrite (who is also bad at math)?

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

That judge is an arrogant ********** and she gave a great response back to him. What would @Monahorns do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He would have put on a George Washington costume, shot the judge, and said he was protecting his rights.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

My money is on the Aaron Burr wig

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Might as well be in the winning wig.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Abbott is letting salons and barbershops open Friday.
    BS sentence

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So CBS had fake people waiting in cars to get tested But then there were 2 REAL patients who needed to be tested but had to wait in the fake car line for a long time so CBS could organize the shot.:facepalm:

• poop poop x 1
  23. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

CBS reporting in the tradition of Dan Rather.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I believe in freedom, private property rights, and that people shouldn't go hungry. So I would allow Shelley to continue on. She is also a true patriot. And way more brave than any of you guys here on Hornsfans.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Good choice!

• Hot Hot x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And she knew not to assault a cop.

27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Abbott is calling for her release. I did not think she went straight to jail?
    That would have been really stupid

28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Slightly off topic, but some little known history to cheer folks up re: China.

After our Vietnam war, China invaded Vietnam in 1979. Vietnam thoroughly kicked China's ***, and in less than 2 weeks pushed China back across the border with a severe black eye. Most of the fighting on the Vietnamese side was done by militia (basically, Viet Cong types) with regular army supporting the Viet militias with massive rocket artillery barrages. The Viet militias abandoned the border towns after brief struggles and retreated into the forested mountains surrounding the towns, where they launched relentless attacks against the Chinese in the towns, supported by the rocket artillery of the regular NVA (or just regular "VA" by that time, I suppose).

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...china-was-crushed-vietnam-1979-conflict-83341

[flippant editorial comment--based on the Viet militia soldiers above, I'd say Vietnam has the most attractive militia in the world... But don't get me started on female Israeli soldiers...]

China tries to forget, but its war with Vietnam ended with a US victory

History shouts loud and clear to foreign powers: don't try to invade and hold Vietnam on the ground. You'll be sorry if you do. No wonder China feels paranoid about being surrounded by hostiles. They are, heh, heh, heh...

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I get it. But where do you draw the line for when it is acceptable? At what point should you push back. Most wouldn't do it at Lake Austin. But there is a line where it is the right thing to do.

30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Chop, the Vietnamese have been fighting China for centuries. Their continued success is why there is a Vietnam.

• Agree Agree x 1