China

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You do what she did. She put up resistance to the law but didn't do something stupid to get herself into trouble for something unrelated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. She did good. But is there a point at which you do push the cop in a lake? What would he have to do to justify in your mind?

3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

If American companies do not feel the pain from outsourcing to China and India economically from this, I have no sympathy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Probably not, because that's a stupid prank with no upside. It would just get me thrown in the slammer or shot. Would I ever use physical force against a cop? Yes, if what he was trying to do to me was worse than going to jail. For example, if a cop was trying to kill me or inflict serious bodily injury, I'd use force to try to stop him.

Before you go there, I'll also acknowledge that an organized, armed rebellion against the government for abuse of power can be justified and even morally obligated. However, that isn't what we're talking about. You're asking about a lone cheesedick pushing a cop into a lake without any be physical provocation. That's pretty much always a stupid thing to do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I make a pretty big distinction between India and China.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Looks like Sara Palin showed up at the Salon. Link. Gotta love a little political exploitation.

7. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Shelley Luther is an American hero. She's the Rosa Parks of the Coronavirus power grab by power hungry politicians. Maybe she'll spark a movement where Americans reclaim the freedoms that they've surrendered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

It is my understanding that Gov. Abbott ordered her to be released immediately.

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I can't believe they actually put her in jail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Judges matter
    [​IMG]

• poop poop x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He does have an opponent

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Too bad she is an attractive white female Repub.

I just found out the salon owner is still in jail, INSANE.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Given that the judge is a known liberal activist, one cannot help but wonder if that played a role in his disproportionate decision

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That ^ is a Captain Obvious.

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I understand why she wanted to open, and I'm not a big Eric Moyé fan. He is a liberal judge elected in a liberal county. However, I'm not sure what he was supposed to do. She broke the law. He started out by issuing a restraining order, and she violated it. Well, that sounds like contempt of court to me. Contempt usually leads to fines and jail time. That's why people obey judge's order.

Of course, she can and should appeal.

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The people stealing less than$750.00 are breaking the law but don't even get arrested
    The felons being let out due to coronavirus broke the law but they aren't in jail.
    She is

19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The Texas Supreme Court ordered the release of Shelley Luther. Justice has been served.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Those are reasonable thoughts. I think my line is close to yours based on the day. But if government overreach becomes a consistent thing the line gets pushed lower for me. As they encroach on me, my sensitivity and motivation for the need to push back grows.

The facts are that cops are enforcing injustice all over our country today. Because of that I do celebrate the "cheesedicks" out there. Without them organized, armed rebellion never happens. Plus, maybe if people pushback enough when things aren't too heated, then violence is reduced overall.

Even looking at the American Revolution, Washington, Adams, and other like them were aghast that Western hooligans started shooting British soldiers over what they thought were not justified. They commanded them to stop too. Eventually, the "Leaders" had to follow the Minutemen into war, begrudgingly.

The official American Army also had to use the militia tactics of the Minutemen despite their disgust in doing so.

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Those are stupid-*** policy decisions by a county going far left, but they have nothing to do with Moyé or his ruling in this case.

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    Do you think she showed contempt enough to get thrown in jail at a time when they are releasing convicted felons due to COVID 19 danger?
    It seems to me that is an unequal administering of the law

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Reading through this thread made me wonder how many of our Constitutional rights are being violated.

Freedom of Speech
    Right to keep and bare arms
    Freedom of Religion
    Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness
    Right to vote

At what point do we have to ask who is the enemy, is it a foreign power or our own government?

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Now California is going to " commandeer" hotels that refuse to allow homeless AND
    They are giving drugs alcohol and tobbaco to the homeless already in hotels
    Venturs county will remove a virused person ftom a home if they can't be isolated in their own home. What if it is a 6 yr old chid?

27. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Interesting question, no way would I allow a government to take my child. That is where I'm willing to go toe to toe with law enforcement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Exactly. China is an enemy, not only to us, but to the entire world (save perhaps N. Korea). I wouldn't go so far as to call India a friend yet, but they're on good terms with us and getting friendlier. There's still some pent up anti-Western feeling in the Subcontinent; you can thank the Brits for that.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If someone violates a restraining order and tells the judge she's going to keep violating it, that's pretty flagrant contempt. Yes, it's enough to throw her in the slammer.

That has no bearing on the matter. The executive branch is who's deciding to release people. It has nothing to do with what a judge is ordering on a specific case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Again, my hostility to pushing the cop into the lake isn't about my line. I think it's a tactically dumb thing to do regardless of the line. Can it encourage others to join the cause? I doubt it, because the cop wasn't personally doing anything wrong. He was just doing his job and wasn't hurting anybody. I think the salon lady is serving her cause much more.

And even though I'm not ripping the judge for his contempt order, I'm not hostile to the woman for resisting. She's doing this the right way.