Is DKR 100% finished?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Lost_In_Ohio, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Lost_In_Ohio

Lost_In_Ohio 500+ Posts

I remember AAS saying it would be all done for the BU game. To anyone who went or anyone who has heard anything: Is the stadium 100% complete? How is the absolute finished product, or what is left to finish?

2. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

I think there's still a level that needs work. The area immediately below where the glass is.

3. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

4. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

The West Side Level 5 "mezzanine" looks as dark & nasty as it did in 1962, plus the restrooms behind Section 1 are sleazier than a 3rd world crapper.

But I doubt if any of the Belmont Hall crowd venture into that world.

5. RayDog

RayDog 500+ Posts

The is still a lot of internal finishing that needs to be done on the lower floors below the club level.

If you really mean "absolutely", then absolutely not. two phase of construction is planned in the SEZ, with the first phase, `4000 semi permanent bleachers, starting at the end of this season.

6. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

I know that at least one of the unfinished floors is just there to house future office/classroom expansion. So it may look incomplete, but that's just because its not 100% finished out by design.

7. StringfelloHORN

StringfelloHORN 100+ Posts

8. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

SEZ project is going to be small by comparison to everything else, and isn't intended to add seats, but I think it will add a 500 or so. Main thing they want is to put an actual structure over there so they can put in bathrooms and of course concessions.

9. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

I think they also have to fill in the gap in the uppder deck on the northwest side.

10. IAMEvilBeAr

IAMEvilBeAr 25+ Posts

23rd st will reopen to traffic eastbound on monday. The NEZ is finished