Is it me ..........

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LousianaHorn, Sep 24, 2021.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

or could they have done better job of getting rid of the aborted State of Texas at midfield where the Horns now sit or is that somehow the intended effect?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I agree. I was thinking the same thing. It appears to be an darker unfaded spot that was covered up with paint at some time and then removed.
    It doesn't look good to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Either outline it in orange or remove it completely, please. It just looks like big semi-faded coffee stain on the field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I thought it was done on purpose.
    Kinda like the eyes are always on you. Subtle
    Artsy don't ya know

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I was wondering if it was on purpose too. I find it hard to believe they did such a poor job of removing old graphics they left that out there. Because of this confusion I think they should do something different because most of the people watching think it's just a poor job getting the field ready.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I like it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Giovanni Jones

Texas is not known for being subtle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

The watermark-like effect was intended.

I neither love nor hate it. I'd prefer a longhorn logo and that's it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. EMJ426

EMJ426 250+ Posts

It does look a bit out of place and sloppy. I agree outline it or get rid of it!

10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

It feels like somebody decided to leave it but just couldn't really commit all the way

11. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I don't buy UT gear with the state on it. It's not my visual for UT, but I do like the idea of letting the viewers see that we consider the whole state ours.
    ...Texarakana, Beaumont, Denton, Amarillo, etc.

Texas is big and it's all ours.

And, because I don't like the state outline on my UT gear, I appreciate the subtlety. It's there, but doesn't get in the way of the logo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I wondered initially if it was that the field had been used for some hi-powered high school game but then it was present again the next game and figured someone did it intentionally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Giovanni Jones

Install thousands of powerful orange LEDs in the state outline. When the Horns score they can flash on and off, or run in an antline

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I think it was intended to be subtle... I'm kinda meh with it either way. I am glad it is not big and bold like aggy did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I'm still waiting for the burnt orange turf and little shapes of Texas for every yard marker and Bevo's horns as the goal posts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. EMJ426

EMJ426 250+ Posts

BevMo’s Horns for goalpost, now I like that!!

17. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

It’s pretty hard to criticize anything CDC has done (assuming that he had a hand in this) but while I like the concept, the end result falls flat. In fact, I have been struggling for weeks to come up with a tweak.

How about this?

Ghosted wide white lines (remember, ghosted) that go out from the Horn Logo to the perimeter of the state outline?