Is Orakpo ok?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Zuerst, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

He'll recover before B12 conference game?

2. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

You never know with knee injuries

3. Waller Creek

Waller Creek 100+ Posts

Impossible to say, but I fear ligament damage. I tore my ACL when I hyperextended it in a way that looked very similar to Orakpo's tonight. Boy, I hope it's just a sprain, and it might be, but we won't know for a couple days.

4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Need an MRI to confirm. Usually done on Monday. Hopefully the knee is not loose. It could cost Rak a lot of money come spring.

5. badandi

badandi 100+ Posts

Statesman said in the chat that he was on crutches after the game.

6. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

I hate to say it, but looks like an ACL. You could tell by the look on his face he knew it was pretty serious. Good luck Rak, I hope it doesn't hurt his draft status too badly.

[​IMG]

7. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Good well!

[​IMG]

8. ferrariparty

ferrariparty 250+ Posts

f**k. He played well against Techs great Oline tonight. Hope its nothing serious although it looked serious. [​IMG]

9. Waller Creek

Waller Creek 100+ Posts

Orthopedic surgeons can tell right after an injury (pre-swelling and stiffness) within 99% confidence if it's an ACL. MRI will tell 100%. The thing that is scary is the way they were moving his shin up and down and side to side. Intact ACL's don't allow that movement.

10. DVPMD

DVPMD 500+ Posts

looks like an MCL to me. f**k.

11. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

I thought I saw Brians say "pop" on the sidelines to a trainer, which usually indicates a torn ACL. no bueno. no bueno at all.

12. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

13. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

14. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

Damn, that sucks.

But hey...At least Tech was called for holding on the play. [​IMG]

15. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

16. crimsonlonghorn

crimsonlonghorn 100+ Posts

Everything I saw made me think it was an ACL: the way they played with his shin, the grim look on his face on the sideline, and the fact that they pretty much shut him down on the sideline with none of the whole "may return" stuff. I hadn't heard that he was on crutches, but if it's true that's another sign that it's bad news.

17. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

It looks to me like an ACL. Just a guess, but most likely he is done for the year, and this injury potentially will cost him millions of dollars in the NFL draft. The refs absolutely killed our d-line by not calling holding early and often in the game.

18. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

19. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts

If he is out the rest of the year, could he call the refs and big 12 out on the injury? If he can't play anymore this year then they can't suspend him. I know it is sour grapes but dammit when is the officiating going to get up to par in the big 12. It is horrible.

20. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

And it's ridiculous, because it's ALWAYS against us...The OU game was bad, no ****, but this was literally holding on two OR more people every ******* play. THEN, they start tackling people. Of course the D Line got handled, they are playing a bunch of filthy cheaters who can only hold the entire game, we crush them if they start calling that ****.

21. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

Is this the same knee he took the injury from at Arky State when he was chopped blocked last year?