Is Riley Dodge making right decision going to UNT?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Denmark, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

He's relatively high on the lists, can't he do better than his dad's college and wouldn't it be better for him?

2. rosevilleblock

rosevilleblock 250+ Posts

Lets put it this way, He is better off there than at Texas. Why? because he wants to be Quarterback and Mack probaly wouldn't give him a chance citing that he's too short! In my opinion he probaly is one of the top 3 quarterback's in the nation.

3. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I watched him in person against the miami northwestern team and he lived up to my expectations, I thought he knew the position very well, probably as well as anyone in the nation but I feel he is small as well, fragile too, he got hurt in the miami game and I believe he got hurt in the game they lost in the playoffs? I'm not a Div. 1 football coach but I will tell you that the back up QB that came in to play for him better be on Mack's radar, this one had size and it didn't appear the offense dropped off any, heck of an arm. Mack if you're listening!?

4. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

He's better off at NT if he wants to stay at QB. He was recruited as an 'Athlete' at Texas before he switched to NT. Can't blame him for wanting to go play with his Dad and I was quite surprised to see that he even gave Texas a commitment with that whole situation.

5. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Is it legal for his Dad to buy him a Firebird or 280Z?

6. griff218

griff218 < 25 Posts

His dad can buy him anything he wants.

7. Les Claypool

Les Claypool 25+ Posts

8. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

9. D70Horn

D70Horn 25+ Posts

Riley made the right decision, being able to play for your Dad? you can't beat that.

10. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts

11. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

Does nearly every QB at SLC have the name Chase?
    [​IMG]

12. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang 25+ Posts

I get that playing for your dad is pretty cool, but you are basically giving up the college atmosphere for it. UNT is a commuter school where no one give a damn about the athletic programs. He is going to put up a lot of empty numbers in front of 10,000 people in Denton.

13. Mooky

Mooky 25+ Posts

14. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang 25+ Posts

North Texas ranked 98th last year in attendance with a whopping 17,734. That is what they listed, but how many PAID customers do you think actually attended. People at UNT do not care about athletics. I would rather be a special teams guy at Texas or a QB at a school like SMU than a record setter at North Texas. I bet you could show a picture of Casey Fitzgerald or Jamario Thomas around campus and about 10-15 percent of the people would know who they are.

15. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

He'll get to play a lot more at North Texas, and if he really shines there he'll have a shot at the NFL. That's probably more than he'd get at Texas. It must have been a tough decision. The guy bleeds burnt orange, and his whole bedroom is reportedly plastered with Texas football paraphernalia.

16. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

North Texas actually increased their average attendance from the previous year in 2007.

17. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

No; next question................