Is Texas turning purple?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

The JYD would get a far larger crowd than Harris will.

Its amazing how little she’s used, and how little support she draws when they do trot her out. But then she does do horrible jobs during her appearances, so maybe they’re right to keep her mostly bottled up.

My concern was that Slow Joe was going to pick a black woman who could fire the blacks up, not the Harpie vote. But there was such a dearth of ability on the Democrat side they ended up going back to someone so bad at politics she dropped out before Iowa. Sad.

2. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

There is such a dearth of talent in the GOP that they sent out a carnival barker geek as their presidential candidate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Chop:bow:
    Great turn of phrase.
    Can I use it?
    The only candidate despised by Country Club Republicans to own a country club.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She looks like she was made for prison.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

...Or made in.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

where is Husker to tell us that is just one small case of voter fraud?

10. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Texas is getting more competitive than it was, and the Texas Republican Party can’t sit on its butt like it’s been able to do from 1994 to 2019, and win elections just by name.

It’s going to have to work at winning, and this was a good year for it, with good results across the state. The party needs to follow the example of the Florida Republican Party. That state is far more competitive at a presidential level than Texas is, yet Republicans completely dominate that state, and had a fantastic past two elections.

The 25 year easy streak is over for the Texas GOP, but just means they and us will need to up our game to stay in proper control of the state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Yes Duck, but 2020 shows that Latino vote isn't a Democrat lock.

They have a beach head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They've actually had that for quite awhile. Texas Republicans started making inroads with Hispanics back in the '90s. Bush did pretty well with Hispanic voters. For a long time, people wondered why California and Texas were demographically mostly similar but politically very different. A big reason was that the Texas GOP in the '90s and early 2000s was actively courted Latino voters. The California GOP largely didn't. That wasn't the only reason for the difference, but it was a significant reason.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Florida has done an exceptional job, and a huge part of that is that the GOP could never afford to be complacent or write-off voters. It is paying off now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

:lmao:
    "I remember sitting [in] the office, putting my hands on my temples and saying, ‘what the f— is happening?'” Progress Texas executive director Ed Espinoza recalled of watching the votes come in on election night."

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I need to find this to confirm. Too funny to not post. Just heard that the Biden Campaign Director for Texas, Dallas Jones, has been arrested for helping to run an illegal ballot harvesting operation in the state of Texas.
    2 investigators including a former FBI agent and a retired Houston police Capt named Mark A Aguirre submitted sworn testimony they have Democratic internal documents as well as video evidence and witnesses.

I wouldn't even have been listening except for the name Mark Aguirre
    This sounds too funny to be true .
    Will try to find and post a link

16. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

4th_Floor for the assist.
    https://thepointnews.uk/2020/11/15/...4jzSR1XqDMGFJVwtBsApVAxuZ7W8kGYm59bbk29j9ZklI

Edit: No one in the US is confirming this story. It may not be true. The affidavit looks legit.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Thanks 4th
    I see it was filed with the Texas courts in Sept. Wonder what happened?

wouldn't even have paid attention but there was a Maverick player named Mark Aguirre( not same person)

18. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I remember Mark Aguirre. He used his oversized butt to maneuver his opponent back to allow his fadeaway jumper.

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

4th
    Exactly
    BUT he took himself out of game 7 of Western Conf Finals against Lakers due to a finger injury on his NON shooting hand. POS
    Not that I harbor a grudge

On the lawsuit it looks from the Sept date this might have been from the primaries. But the info is legit

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Or turning pink?

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

23. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

That, and make people agree to a pledge of allegiance to being a true Texan before giving them voting rights in the state. We don't have to give up our culture just because people want to move here. Fight back.