Is this Why Texas Had a play called ...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ShAArk92, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Let’s just shut this down. It is simply giving credibility to something that is probably not true. Everybody knows that these guys are baiting people for clicks and that they are in the same category as the checkout stand rags. I will choose not to believe it and TH does not need to give it more exposure by acknowledging the accusation.

And, IF it were true, it is nobodies business. Why don’t we just talk about the aggies groping their nuts?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

77 is a random collection of numbers I liked when I made this account that have no significance beyond I like them. I actually have been reading hornfans since I was 12.

I cannot say they are fake. However, things on the internet are not necessarily real either. SB Nation is a source with some credibility, but not enough to take it as gospel either. I emailed and got a contributer to change an article they had completely factually wrong one time pertaining to UT. I would say I cannot say either way whether it is real or fake from the current source.

I would say it is likely real with the way Tom Herman is. Of course, a lot of fake news/imagines tend to be things that are likely to be real. While I like swagger and toughness, I am not a fan of Herman’s lack of class. It is the same as a coach getting involved in politics. For any coach, if he wins while running a clean program (both ncaa rules and actual laws), he gets a pass. If he loses, then the lack of fan respect due to personalty (whether it is arrogance/fan disdain like Mackovic, classlessness like Herman or getting political like Shaka) really will make things worse.

*side note, it is a free country. Coaches, players, and entertainers in general are free to be as political as they want. That said, I have never thought it wise in that position as you are going to piss off half your fanbase regardless of which side you take. My comments on Shaka are not to agree or disagree with positions, just to state that going political at all gives extra ammo to detractors if you do not win.... just like open disdain for fans or not being very classy. Haters are going to hate, but you do not have to give them ammo. This is part of @ShAArk92’s point and, as I said, I agree with that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Tom is becoming a successful coach at The University of Texas. That causes concern among fans of other teams and he has a target on his back. These fans will do anything to bring him down. The trailer boys from Norman are labeling him as a coach who teaches dirty play because Tom coaches football the way it is supposed to be played, a hard nosed brand.

Tom needs to get counsel and guidance on dealing with the media on how to build an image of the strong but silent type. Image is important! Even then he will get some arrows in his back. The thought of the return of a strong Texas football program causes fear in the minds of fans like the ags and booper sooners. They will try to undermine any success he has.

He is my kind of coach and I like his change in the culture from soft to hard. He is exactly what was needed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Not intending at all to post controversial here, but just thinking out loud.

We are the product of nature and nurture, that is what we are born with, what our inner self is, and how we are affected by outside influences.

So, just asking, anyone have thoughts on how much of TH's "toughness" team approach is deep down HIM, versus how he's been nurtured. Add in the kissing thing if you want as the other side of that coin.

I'd suggest the two biggest nurturers in his coaching career have been Urban Meyer and Mack Brown. Did TH pick up "toughness" from UM and "warm fuzzy" from MB? Or is it just mostly him deep down?

He's kind of hard to put a label on. He's tough. He's compassionate.

He's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Edit: Well, Chinstrap answers a big part of my curiosity about TH's personal development:

It is called passion- TH

• Like Like x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I always thought the catalyst for Nebraska, CU, Missouri and Ags leaving the B12 was the success of Texas in 2008-2009. If Texas starts going to CFP, say two years in a row, watch out for new alignment to neutralize Texas. Before that happens, however, watch for the cheap shots on Herman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Snowflake? Besides just being a tired and overused word at this point regardless, it doesn't fit this situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Holy internet....What is this thread? Lock it before our off season is doomed! :lmao: