Is Trump Quitting?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Hollandtx, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/08...unces-that-trump-might-drop-out-of-2016-race/

This would be too good to be true, in my opinion. He has totally gone off the rails the last few days.
    I know nothing about this site...I can definitely see that many Republicans are ready to wring Trump's neck so that part could definitely be true.
    I don't know what this would do to the Republican party, but I think I'm willing to find out.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What if Pence and Trump switch places?

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Greetings, and welcome to the American Politics Diner. Tonight's menu features two, and only two, entrees:

1. moist boogers
    2. cat feces

Hold your nose and make a choice. Because you're getting one of them. Bon appetit!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

If that happens I will forever sit in awe of Shaarrk who has stuck to his guns that Trump would win the nomination then drop out before the general election.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Seattle Husker

Trump today amidst reports of his campaign in disarray over his refusal to endorse McCain and Ryan, some stupid "get the baby out of here" flap, the even dumber Purple Heart crap and the real spat with Kizr Khan.

"I just want to tell you the campaign is doing really well. It's never been so well united," Trump said. "We started on June 16. I would say right now it's the best in terms of being united that it's been since we began. We're doing incredibly well.""

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The media and the lemmings are in full blown PMS mode over Trump. Sad to watch the whole spectacle.

Did Hillary steal Trump's hair-do recently?

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The only good news for Trump is that it is August 3. Just think he was winning just a week ago.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently this is only a rumor spun by the media, or the Never Trumpers getting even.

9. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I really doubt this happens unless Trump is convinced he cannot win (very slim chance of that). But I wonder what are the governing rules if a nominated candidate drops out after the election. Do they have another convention? Would be interesting.

10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If Trump and Hillary both drop out, the governing rules require a nationwide party lasting no less than three weeks.

• Like Like x 8
  11. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I posted about this on another thread.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The key would be convincing Trump's kids to ask him to drop out. They are literally the only people in the world that he listens to. I hope he does. It's the one thing Trump could do that would make me respect him a little.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two things that I think are kinda interesting. First, it sounds like the RNC would select the nominee by itself - no role at all for voters or delegates (which would be a good thing at this point). Second, they can do this even after the general election but before the electoral college votes. That would be a crazy scenario.

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I don't put much faith in ABC news given that their main political correspondent is George Stupidnopoulos, who personally donated, what was it, $75,000 of his 100 million dollar deal with ABC, to Hill and Bill.

15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

It is shocking how stupid the American people have become. The media has discovered that propaganda is not only acceptable, it is encouraged by elected officials.

16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Is it stupidity or mostly just apathy at this point? Does anyone still feel that we live in a representative democracy where our votes count for something?

17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I dunno, all I do know is that my news feed every day is stocked with stories of how Trump is in disarray, Trump called someone a name, Trump is going to quit, Trump is hated by the GOP establishment, Trump is destroying the party. Do you notice anything missing in all of this? I can think of a couple.

And yes, I do think it's deliberate.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Of course it is, it's deliberate and it's coordinated. I would say it's because they sure cannot talk about how great HRC is, but they do this every election.

19. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Agreed with the overwhelming onslaught on every word Trump utters.

It's gotten to a point where he can say "I don't like the poor state our economy" and the headlines will read "Trump: I don't like the poor".

I can respect and read reasonable negative criticism, but this coordinated "out of context" media onslaught has reached middle school cafeteria insult levels.

I navigated around it as long as possible with Yahoo News until now. Once the conventions ended and the race really kicked in, it has become unbearable.

Had no choice but to ditch Yahoo news and will make further adjustments of sources as they reach untenable levels.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Are any of you surprised? Trump got such a pass during the primary, because the media wanted him to be the nominee. He's a huge ratings boost and easy to demonize in the general election. Furthermore, it's easy to demonize other Republicans for supporting him or just not attacking him strongly enough.

• Like Like x 1
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Trump and RNC raised $80MM in July, something the NYT thought was impressive. The anti-Clintons TV ads have not run yet. If Trump can focus on crooked Hillary, he wins.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Right now, he's having a hard enough time just keeping from setting himself on fire.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Seattle Husker

Anything is possible but what are the chances he can stay on message? He has the debates to make up ground but he's lost ground through the conventions at this point. Somehow, he's now less trustworthy than HRC. WTF? He's now down double digits in PA and MI, both of which he can win without.

25. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Ebbs and flows. When he dropped into a double-digit h2h deficit after judge comments, I told everyone this thing will swing back with so much left to go.

He recovered and took the lead in several h2h's a short while back.

Now HC got the double boost from having her convention last and then Trump pulling another Trump with Kahn argument and of course the media pouncing like jackals.

Won't be long until there's another damning revelation about HC or something swings the momentum like a winning debate performance.

I agree HC will take a lead into the polls. How credible the reported lead will be as an actual lead, I'm not sold.

As long as he stays within 4 to 5 points margin of error, this thing is up for grabs.

There's a great chance many polling for Hillary aren't enthused enough to make the big effort on voting day. If not sold, why bother when their state poll says she leads by 5+?

At the same time, people who openly select Trump in polls are more than likely motivated to vote if they will openly admit to strangers he's their guy. Which is clearly shown by his much greater showing in non-human polls.

Which leads to the questionable accuracy of polling in this specific election...how many polled won't tell others they don't know well they're voting for Trump? My guess is that percentage is much larger than most are accounting for.

Voicing support for Trump over Clinton in public now is nearly taboo in society and often results in pushback, criticism, or harsh judgement.

Perfect example, my Doctor (cool Vietnamese guy) asked me if I caught any of the conventions. I told him some of Reps and a little Dem.

Truth is I only watched Reps but didn't wish to tell someone I don't know well, who's also a minority, because it would reveal my Trump (never Hillary) intentions.

I didn't wish to be viewed as the patient voting for Trump by my doctor who may be a Dem and/or think Trump is racist like operation media brainwash claims.

Instead I told him my view is it's in our best interest to choose a leader with nationalist (over globalist) loyalties.

I said all of the Middle East, Russia, and China have nationalist leaders that make all decisions with their country's interest first, second, and third.

A leader willing to compromise our interests for global directives isn't capable of protecting America against increasingly powerful nationalist adversaries.

I left out the fact that HC is the most crooked human being ever to run for the office and all her corruption occurred when she had a boss or someone to answer to.

Wait until she gains the most powerful office in the world where everyone answers to her and will cover her corrupt dealings or lose their career. No thanks.

Bottom line, Trump gets back within 4 or 5, which I have no doubt he will from the predictable ebbs and flows cycle, it's anybody's election.

These polls (most sources have known HC bias) are loaded with false positives from HC selectors who won't show up and those who won't reveal Trump intentions.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016