'Is your son a model?'

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by CottonEyedHorn, Feb 7, 2008.

1. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

"No? Well he should be...". We get this *constantly* when out in public, from random strangers. From a parents perspective, everyone thinks their kid is the awesome/handsome/beautiful/charming, etc., and we're no exception. But this is really starting to pique our interest. Where do we go from here? Are there agencies or casting sites that we can submit a couple of professional pictures too? I'm posting in Quacks because I'm hoping for serious feedback on how to approach this. BTW my son is 17 mos. old. I just want to know if everyone who comes up to us is smoking the ganja or not [​IMG]

2. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

ttt. I'd be interested in this as well. My kid is mixed, so he's a little different looking. Did you post pics of him yet?

3. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

if you can do it, milk that **** and you just might have his college paid for.

4. next2naus

next2naus 500+ Posts

he will ugly up soon enough, just give it time.

5. M C Orange

M C Orange 100+ Posts

we need a pic

6. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i'd like to help but i am only looking for ugly kids to star in my crack baby creature feature...

7. Apostle7550

Apostle7550 100+ Posts

Doesn't everyone get this? My two children have been receving similiar compliments from day 1.

8. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

Give it a shot.

Try for instance:

Third Coast Casting
    1714 Fortview Rd
    Austin, TX 78704

They're legit. I used to do some print an local commercials until I was about 14. A lot of people use them.
    (512) 445-3203

9. mary21

mary21 100+ Posts

I got the same thing with my daughter. MY MOM was insistent that I sign her up at John Casablancas and I did. She started doing print ads, then went on to do a commercial and a short film "A monster in the house" with BJ Thomas and was up for a leading role in a movie. She got the part but the movie was cancelled two weeks later.

It was an awesome experience, but very time consuming. We moved to Chicago shortly after and I decided not to take it any further. I did not want to pursue that field.

10. TahoeHorn

TahoeHorn 1,000+ Posts

I saw an interview of a top model agent one time. He said if you think you might be a model send a photo to an agency. Don't pay any fees; don't take any lessons; don't take any fancy photos. You've got the look or you don't and a good agent knows immediately.

11. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Really?

Everyone tells us our son is ugly as **** and inquire as to why we don't cover his face with a bag.

Just kidding by the way....

12. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Patsy Ramsey heard the same thing, too.

13. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

I'd be worried that modeling might turn into a long term interest and would eventually take up time that could be better spent with healthier activities. If it was just something to make a few extra bucks when the kid is young that would be one thing. But if my kid (boy or girl) decided they wanted to devote all their energy into modeling as a teenager or as an adult it would be my worst nightmare.

14. wild_turkey

wild_turkey 250+ Posts

Not trying to be mean, but I think your friends are just trying to kiss your ***. Most little kids are ugly, everyone knows that, so people are clearly just being nice to you.

15. SomeMildLanguage

SomeMildLanguage 500+ Posts

I actually was a model when I was young. Now, not so much.

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Is your dog a model?

17. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Oh, and by photo, they mean a snapshot. Not an Olan Mills or pro picture. Just a pic with a regular old camera on a regular old day. It is truly all agencies need.

Anybody that pays for a photographer and the classes are getting worked, period. A kid does not need nor is expected to have tear sheets, a working book or folio. At least not at this market or likely the one you are in.

There are contracts that can be bought out or contracted to places like Gilaroos and other national agencies. The people are pretty darned concerned for the welfare of your child and try to teach parents the ropes on proper management of the kid. But it is the parents that usually blow things, not the kid.

Give it a shot. You may get some Disney trips or other ventures out of it for free or even be paid for doing so. But stay grounded and make sure your kid does to depending on the age.

There are so many products and things that need a face or a group of faces, countless. Somebodies kid has to grace the advertisement, right? Why not yours? For every product there is a look. What it is depends on the product.

18. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

my two year old's blue eyes make the girls go crazy. I think I'll show this thread to my wife.

19. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

I usually get "Wow, that is a beautiful girl. Who is the father?"

20. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

you can pm longhorn94, his daughter is a working girl. [​IMG]

21. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

If you post a pic on Hornfans, then you can be assured you will get more honest opinions. Do they really call kids that young "models"?

22. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

Not to hijack someone else's thread, but here are my son's eyes, but they are actually a lighter blue than in this picture. I'd say sky blue with some white highlights in his eyes.

[​IMG]

If he had his choice, he would specialize in pirate stuff.

[​IMG]

He's now a bit older and more of a little boy than a toddler, but his basics show in these pics. He freaking loves the camera.

23. M C Orange

M C Orange 100+ Posts

24. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

my son is a model pimp...
    all your model daughters are belong to him...

this was 16 months... he's 18 months now... he needs a job.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

Sorry MC, that pic creeps me out every time I see it.

26. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

Never too early to start them on coke and/or heroin.

27. M C Orange

M C Orange 100+ Posts

28. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

I think it's just because of the makeup and jewelry... simple as that... I guess I'm just weird that way. I am in no way saying that you are a bad parent because of that.

Edit- in the 2nd pic I don't have that reaction at all.

2nd Edit- If I'm re-hashing a topic from the baby picture thread, sorry about that... I didn't read it.

29. RoundhouseKick

RoundhouseKick 250+ Posts

Cotton Eyed Horn,
    you may want to start your tot on learning "Blue Steel" and "Magnum" right away.

30. M C Orange

M C Orange 100+ Posts

no make up on my baby, and a lot of people get their babygirl's ears pierced at an early age. I think its because when they have short hair thats just growing, it has to do with wanting their to be a distinction between the sex of the kid..... plus, its cute