Issues with the offense...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by X Misn Tx, Oct 21, 2017.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

OL
    Let's start with the OL, because it's a fact we are significantly depleted by top talent. Can't change it. MY question, given the lack of depth and new players, can we find their identity. They need to find their identity. Even if they aren't a high performing OL, what can they do well. They need to figure it out.

Playcalling
    They abandon the running backs. I don't care what the number of carries was, it was a pittance.
    Going for it on 4th down. Cmon this is just nuts. FGs and field position. We're losing both areas. Must change.

Benching guys.
    WTF if these are bad seeds, fine. otherwise, you are stupid.

what do you think is going on?

2. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I think this is a season with more potential than any previous season since 2009, and we keep shooting ourselves at the most inopportune times. Sam, the O line, and defensive lapses at times. They keep rearing up in OT or late 4th quarter with the game on the line. Texas beats itself late in games, we have to call time outs when players are hurt (OSU) or we are unsure of a play call in OT (USC). And we have to play consistent on defense (OU). Today the defense played well enough to win by 14 points, and the offense gave the game to OSU. I don't think Sam was well today, he never looked himself out there. But it was really obvious after that hit on the sideline in OT.

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Which fourth down did we attempt today that you thought was a mistake?

4. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i think any 4th down where it's a reasonable FG attempt in the first 3 quarters. we leave points on the field.

• Like Like x 1
  5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Guess my mind is a blur with the flabbergasting blown multiple 4th quarter opportunities and last play of the game. I don't recall going for a 4th down. if we did, I certainly don't recall not making it. Refresh my memory.

• Like Like x 1
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Looking at the play by play, I see, and recall now, we did go for 4th and 1 at their 28 in the 2nd quarter. We got that one. It did not lead to points following the 34 yard loss sack on the same drive.

That's the only one I saw.

• Like Like x 1