ISU game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by wadster, Dec 28, 2018.

1. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

How can officials be this bad? It's like watching the Big12 all over again. Or the aggy/LSU game. Every call that could have gone against ISU has. And WSU can tackle a guy 10 yds oob's and not get called that would have extended the drive where ISU missed the long FG. Total yds are like 150 in favor of ISU but the refs have made all the game changers go one way and one way only. If I were Campbell, I'd go over and take the refs hat after the game, take a dump in it, and mail it back to him.

2. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

And having to call a TO for that last challenge was ridiculous. Looked like a catch, but it has to be reviewed.

3. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

He caught it, took two steps, and the ground caused the ball to come out. It was a catch.

Been torn on who I'm rooting for this entire game. Two of the coaches I respect the most in the game... think I gotta go with The Pirate

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I was pulling for ISU because of the conference. But I hate for the refs to decide games. Like I'm watching our game against the land thieves or the aggy/lsu game where just every call goes against one team. Any why can't refs make proper calls on illegal procedure? How hard is that to miss, but it was missed in the aggy game, ours, and this game. And all 3 were huge huge calls.

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

And he actually took 3 steps. There was a bobble after the 2nd step, but I thought he had control 1st. But the no call on WSU where the receiver was 10 yds oob's was the worst. Make that one call (and it's a no brainer) and ISU at least gets 3 on that drive if not more.

6. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Earlier on a WS 3rd down touchdown they had a lineman jump and everyone saw it but the ref. Awful officiating by the guys on the field and the ones in the booth.

7. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Isu committed suicide with the linemen jumping before the snap

I was surrounded by them and they reminded me of Aggies

8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Back in ‘07 or ‘08, I was surrounded by ISU fans at DKR. I thought the same thing. That game was halted for a couple of hours because of lightning, The ISU fans were booing and calling us pvssies for leaving our seats to get under the the stands to stay dry.,

A bunch of tough farm boys. I guess they really are “aggies”.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bad day for the Big XII 0-2. ISU played as expected. WVa without Greer was no match for a weak ACC opponent (which was one of two ND "tough" opponents).

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Standing out in the rain ranks highly on the list of entertainment options available in the state of Iowa. Personally, I'm appalled by your lack of cultural sensitivity.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

(FWIW, I grew up on a small farm in Central Texas, but anyway...)

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Last night they were drunk morons