It.. (sniff, sniff).. brings a tear to my eye...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Summerof79, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

2. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I wish corporations would stop advertising on all of these partisan shows that do nothing but divide the country. Intelligent discussions can and do happen on other, better means.

We could have the best bill proposed ever by Congress- and these shows will inevitably produce hacks whose job it is to say it is bad if it comes from the other party. All of them have a tendency to exaggerate and fan the flames.

3. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

they are probably more worried that Obama will see their ads on his show as support at which point he will nationalize them as he did gm.

4. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

5. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

It is kind of ironic to hear Sean Hannity advertising for GM when most of his time is spent attacking their defacto CEO.

6. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

Stay the course Glenn! This is no shock this was going to happen.

7. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

8. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

9. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

I admit to being a little right of center, especially when it comes to fiscal matters, but I for one am sick of Beck's ********... he totally over-dramatizes his points. Even when he has a good point to make, his delivery makes me want to puke. I seriously wonder if he does drugs before going on the air [​IMG] But I think most people realize that one wouldn't watch his show to get news. You basically watch his show if you want to watch a stark-raving lunatic that will basically say or do anything that will help his ratings. He's not unlike other "commentary" shows, except that since he left CNN HL for Fox, he seems to be taking it to a new level, unfortunately.

10. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

11. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

12. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I saw some highlights from the town hall where one lady told a Congressman, "you should watch Glenn Beck, he knows about this stuff."

I wish I had the video clip- it can't be anymore obvious the negative effect these idiots have.

13. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

14. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

They'll be back.

15. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

When Obama starts making folks sing a "loyalty oath" to hear him speak as happened with the Former President Bush I will start to worry.

But the good news is the less educated and misinformed are flocking to Beck's show nearly as quickly as they are shouting down the Speech of others at Town hall meetings. Beck has 2.4 million viewers last week. So the loons of the far right are lining up in even greater numbers to be spoon fed!

16. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

17. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

^^^
    Bush routinely screened all people entering one of his speaking engagements.

18. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Bush routinely screened all people entering one of his speaking engagements.

Obama's people screen everyone entering any of his town hall meetings.

19. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

20. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

If adver. want to pull their ads then so be it...same for the other side with Olbermaniac and the rest of MSNBC.

I am more concerned about the NBC & GE complex where NBC gave/gives BHO a pass and favor while GE stands to make billions off of Cap/Trade and Health Care.
    The Link

I am sure the left would be screaming if Haliburton owned Fox....and rightly so.

[​IMG]

21. Rio Frio

Rio Frio 250+ Posts

Attaboy, Beck.
    [​IMG]

22. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

23. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

24. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

25. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

26. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

Nice move away from the flocking of right wingers being spoon fed by a guy nutty enough to call Obama a racist while proclaiming through tears (crocodilian) it's just because he loves America, to an off base spoon feeding of a few loons on the left.

Even the AARP realizes that the GOP has been horrifically and purposefully misleading on health care and they have lost about 5% of their far right wing misinformed and scared souls in the process.

The one thing the GOP has gotten very, very good at is scaring people for their own political benefit. Whether it's talking about "mushroom clouds" and waiting to push to Iraq during the national election cycle, or just raising a terror alert level to give the President a little bump in a close race. Just as poor dolts believe that end of life counseling (which all smart people have in place making their life ending wishes knows) is code word for "death panels" or convincing scared folks that choice... means no choice. The GOP is very good at what they do. But besides scaring people (especially older more gullible ones) I am trying to figure out what the GOP does in moving the country forward of late. I guess if I was a moron I would tune in to Glenn Beck tonight and grab a spoon, to swallow down the misinformation.

thankfully I am a well informed sort that doesn't need Glen Beck nor my inbox to educate me on a wide variety of issues. If I did I would need to get some life ending counseling immediately as having that level of intelligence would certainly make me want to kill myself! But for the rest of you afraid to contemplate things like DNR's listen to Beck's hate filled vitriol again tonight and pretend he is really just a guy that loves America so much... he feels compelled to cry........ [​IMG]

27. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

28. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

29. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

30. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

Beck's support among educated people has to be "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I must convince myself of this. I have to tell myself that people with education do not genuinely believe that Barack Obama has a deep-seated hatred of white people.