“It was foolish to line up in the I...'

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCougar, Nov 9, 2009.

1. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

“It was foolish to line up in the I and run up the middle. We'll learn from that..."

Coach Brown, really? Were you not at the Tech game last year?

I-Formation

2. laidbackex

laidbackex 25+ Posts

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them line up in the I. Then, they ran the exact same play that resulted in a safety at Tech last year. Mack needs to realize we don't have a good enough line to push the DL back when we run a slow developing, easily predictable play.

3. Naked Bongos

Naked Bongos 250+ Posts

Greg Davis historically likes to call long pass plays like 4-vertical off of playaction from the endzone. Major did it and connected at least three times I can think of off the top of my head. What gives?

4. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

I was screaming at the TV on that near-safety. In fact, I was surprised that it WASN'T a safety until I saw the replays. Is our run blocking really so pathetic that we would rather give up 2 points on a safety than risk a pick-6 on a passing play out of the endzone?

By the way, that was a rhetorical question.

Thankfully that actually became our best drive of the game, going 99 yards for a touchdown. But really, eek.

5. Jason Atchley

Jason Atchley 250+ Posts

6. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

My thing is, we never run out of the I, and when we do, its right up the gut, so what makes them think the defense wont' sell out and just stuff the middle?

7. Naked Bongos

Naked Bongos 250+ Posts

8. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

Naked, ignore the facts, we're bashing GD here.

9. jcz

jcz 100+ Posts

Who is this "Mack" character? How dare he call Greg Davis foolish?

Doesn't he realize that the coaches know so much football that they should never be questioned??

[​IMG]

10. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts