It's a big weekend for the Texas-Texas A&M rivalry that doesn't exist-ESPN's Ryan McGee

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by zuckercanyon, Sep 5, 2019.

1. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Thanks for sharing, and no offense, but half way I lost interest in reading his LONG and happy walk / talk through 115 years of football with these AH.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

None taken. Hook em!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

Let's suppose both Texas and A&M lose this weekend.

Texas fan's take: Well, shucks. We lost. LSU is pretty good.
    A&M fan's take: We lost to a higher-ranked team, so that's better! WE'RE BETTER THAN TEXAS!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

FWIW, my experience on HornFans is that the Texas fans take is slightly more angry than this. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

Where are all of these UT alums that want to bring the rivalry back? I don't know any of them.

- Mike

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

They are the ones hanging out in the A&M trophy room waiting to polish all those National Championship football trophies on display.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

poor aggy

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Well, I don't want the annual game to be renewed. It would serve no purpose since when we win. it's looked at by many as "well UT is supposed to win, so what." and if we lose, we never hear the end of it. They wanted to join the mythological best conference, so let them stay there and find a new rival. They are a good fit with since most of that conference is made up of backwoods bumpkin hick schools with a couple of exceptions,so they should find a new annual rival over there. They're about the same as Arkansas. so that might be a good annual rivalry game for them, or perhaps LSU.

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

BevoJoe
    Arkie might make a good rival for aggy. LSU fans seem to laugh at the aggy crap traditions and whining.

12. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

And don’t forget this little jewel:

Texas got beat by an SEC team, so WE BEAT TEXAS!

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

This literally happened to my daughter last night from some goober social media friend of hers who was bragging that they lost to the #1 team in the country and, I am not kidding, saying they had the better team because they have Jimbo as their coach. She just started spouting out facts about both schools like the last time they won anything meaningful, our head to head record, etc and the dummy blocked her in less than 5 minutes. It was a thing of beauty to hear her laughing the whole time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

An LSU fan was complaining that Texas was evil since they put the LSU band in the upper deck.
    I had to explain Texas gives opposing teams 3-4K tix.It is up to the visiting school to allot.
    I think all major schools have similar policies. Maybe schools that have a hard time selling tix will give visiting schools more but I would be surprised of the prevailing is the same for the power 5

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

There is no giving. By NCAA rule the visiting team has to pay for the seats. The school does the allocation.

16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. the LSU folks I know can't stand aggys. They find their "traditions to be idiotic, meaningless and childish." They asked how Texas fans have put up which their nonsensical BS for all these years. Irrational was another term they've used. Everyone of them have asked us to take them back. I just tell them, no thanks they're an sec problem now.

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

You're obviously raising that girl right.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1