It's Halftime and I'm Here to Eat Crow

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by georgecostanza, Sep 14, 2013.

1. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

I thought we were going to get blown the eff out. Not only has this team shown that they will compete tonight, but that they can certainly win.

Credit to the players for the new energy.
    Credit to Robinson for keeping it simple.
    Credit to both the offensive and defensive lines for winning their battles.
    Credit to Major for not trying to be fancy and waking up from the daze he was in last week.
    Credit to Case for taking what's there and not trying to be spectacular.

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I'm going to save my crow for dessert.

3. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Good thing last week was only preseason. We should be a rolling ball of butcher knives by this time in October.

4. georgecostanza

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I wouldn't get too giddy just yet. This is just not a very good team. I figure 7-5 or 6-6 this year and Mack is finally shown the door. Good days are ahead, but not before some more pain.

6. Finger Likcin'

Finger Likcin' 250+ Posts

37-23 so far. time to barf it up.

7. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I was feeling better at half time too. Not so much now.

8. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Game shoulda been at least 27-14 at half. This team just is not good. I doubt seriously our level of talent as well.

9. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

The fact that Edmond and Phillips see the field blows my ******* mind.

10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I kinda hope that everyone sees why Case isn't our best option now. Makes awful decisions. Moves around in the pocket before any pressure gets there. Major doesn't trust him enough to let him throw on 2nd and long.

11. georgecostanza

Well, the third quarter went about as well as I expected the whole game to go.

12. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

It looks like Ole Miss is going to win this sissy slap fight.

Can't wait to see this team get their nose bloodied by an actual football team. That should be good for some laughs.

13. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

It's quite evident that our players are just not that good. Overrated by me and a lot of people. [​IMG]

14. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

This was abyssal. It's 2010 all over again. No telling how low this team can go. I'll be interested to see how Mack spins this one in the presser. If he says win out or win the conference can someone throw a shoe at his big fat lying head?

15. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

george, you may regurgitate your crow now. [​IMG]

16. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Bevo says, "eat mor chikin".

17. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Mediocrity... good going Dodds.

18. newport horn

newport horn 25+ Posts

I think its time for you to eat crow for eating crow

19. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Rex, you nailed it--but add Mykele Thompson!!

20. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

The offensive line just plays a little when it wants to.

The defensive line and defense in general simply cannot get off block and can't find the ball in the zone read or diamond formation.

The blueprint to beat Texas is cast where almost anybody can figure out how to gameplan us. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

This is why you don't eat the crow until its dead. You just got clawed in the fuckin' eye!

22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yeah, I bought the fools gold at halftime and briefly thought maybe the team had turned the corner. But no, OL continuted to block inconsistently, Case continued his happy feet dance, Edmonds, Phillips & Thompson, etc. continue to get fooled by misdirection, are out of their lanes, take bad angles and miss tackles.

Yes, this isn't a very good football team right now...

23. kaiserhog

kaiserhog < 25 Posts

Texas always recruits well according to Rivals, 247 etc. Shows what they know. Bobby Bowden said his downfall was too much internet recruiting and not enough talent evaluation by the coaches.

For all the 5stars they have look at the number of 3 stars Bama have that are making significant contributions,