It's official: Bill Byrne leaving

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BigEarlinBastrop, May 7, 2012.

1. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

2. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

He needs to consider himself the luckiest guy over there. It's hilarious that he's the only person in that athletic department with a clue how it should be run, and he's the one getting a pink slip...and from bow tie at that. You simply can't make up stuff this funny! [​IMG]

Enjoy your retirement, dollar Bill...you've earned it by hanging around that bunch for a decade. Your "friends" over here at the state Capitol are gonna miss you, or at least, your weekly columns.

3. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Re: aggy leaving - [​IMG]

I just hope they drag Eric along with them.

5. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

We're losing our friend over in the State Armpit.

6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

They just forced out the most succesful AD in their history. Yep thats aggy for you. [​IMG]

7. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

8. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Somebody must have forgotten to shut the door after aggy slipped off to the SEC. I thought their trolls were all over on LSU's boards. [​IMG]

9. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

after a 9 year run, it was time to go.

byrne was the first "professional" AD we've ever had. everyone else was either a head football coach/AD combo or product of the good ol boy community (namely wally groff/john david crow--bill's predecessors).

i appreciate what he did, especially for basketball...night and day difference between now and when i was in school, but i do think that it's time for both parties to move on.

i wish him well. i've interacted with he and his wife on a couple of occasions and they're good folks.

10. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

11. PropositionJoe

or perhaps some combination of the two. a sexy cyborg sent from the future to seduce and conquer.

or on the other hand, perhaps not. i'm fortunate that at least my wife thinks i'm attractive. [​IMG]

12. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

Like jude law in AI I assume

13. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

T.M.I. Prop...T.M.I. [​IMG]

14. PropositionJoe

15. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

At least you didn't bring up sheep Prop. [​IMG]

16. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

Starting with moving to the SEC, Aggy is on the road to perdition and I don't see an off ramp for them. The reason why they will never succeed is because they are too focused on what's going on in the 40 acres instead of College Station.

They make way too many decisions on emotion instead of logic. Last year, Bowtie fanned the flames for SEC and the regents and aggies as a whole bought it. They fell in love with the idea of being in the best conference and got carried away. I also think they thought other SEC schools would be able to cut into UT's recruits and destroy us. I predict aggy will one day sober up and ask themeselves "what were we thinking?".

Byrne was above all that and understood the ramifications of the SEC move. But aggy wanted to stay in their delusional bubble and want a yes man.

That said, not my problem. But the Schadenfreude is too much.

17. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

horn4,

I don't think $ Bill had the vision to see past much - except that aggy would get their *** pounded & that he would lose his job. He just got cut loose because he wasn't drinking the Loftin koolaid.