It’s Official - Tiffany Jackson

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Apr 30, 2018.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Really interesting facts or implications came out of Q/A. I think the "freshman" that KA referenced was probably Destinee. Some of the things said made me feel better about the hire. I didn't want to hire "just a star", but someone who could "think ahead" and teach that to the posts.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I think Tiffany is going to be good for Texas.
    Hookem,

• Like Like x 1
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure that was Kirk Bohls who called her Tina twice and then asked about her contacting her dad for advice. What a hack - do the minimum amount of background before showing up at a press conference. Ugh.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I believe it was Rick Cantu. It was cringe-worthy.

• Like Like x 6
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Especially since Cantu is the reporter assigned to cover Texas WBB. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
  6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

It had to be Rick. He's the only one that consistently shows up for WBB activities for the AAS. Yet, he probably rolls his eyes the whole time, while he's trying to save his job.

• Like Like x 3
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the info. My anti-Bohls bias rearing its head.

• Like Like x 5
  8. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Wow, just to see Coach Karen's and Tiffany's face when that question about her father was asked. Well done Tiffany for extending grace.

• Like Like x 6
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

And no one, as far as I can search, has called out that questioner for being:
    a) uninformed about the person they were questioning - that's Tiffany right? Not Tina?
    b) dumbass for making a painful reference

• Like Like x 4
  10. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

I asked Rick Cantu, in a comment to his tweet about this news conference, if he was the journalist in question, who called Tiffany ‘Tina.’ Twice. No response yet!

• Like Like x 2
  11. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Seemed to me like the interview was edited a little short at the end. Wondering if there is a complete version somewhere.

12. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

And that's why I dropped my subscription years ago!

• Like Like x 2
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

But half the fun is lambasting them to their bosses via email when they make an error like that. :smile1:

That won't be the reason I drop my subscription. It will be because I have decided thatthe cost is not worth the return and sports is just part of the equation. Other parts include info about the Austin area, entertainment going on, movies, UT sports, etc. Still lots of things to like about it.

The writing errors and lack of detail in some articles (not just sports) is common nowadays, sad to say. Including here, other forums, other newspapers, ebooks, blogs, etc.

But I got a feeling your issue with the AAS is more than the lack of detail in a story since you seem to like to espouse why you dropped your AAS subscription what seems like every chance there is.

14. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Just noticed that Tiffany liked my response. Made me laugh out loud — thought I’d share.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

burn

16. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Really really disappointed that we have a presser for a dynamite hire and have multiple epic failures. Calling her Tina once is forgivable but multiple times? And going on to ask if she called her late father?? Just lacking basic reporting principles!!

Hopefully his errors were brought to his attention and he will be more prepared moving forward.

• Like Like x 6
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

So true, but one really has to wonder about the prep work the reporter assigned for several years now to the WBB team is doing if he is so unprepared for such an important press conference.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

Tell him how you feel! Rick Cantu's email address and phone number are on this webpage. https://www.mystatesman.com/staff/rick-cantu/

19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  21. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

Well done! Too many sportswriters still think WCBB is a secondary sport.

• Like Like x 1
  22. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

For those without LHN or who missed it.

• Like Like x 3