It's Official -- We're Finally Rid of aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by texexted, Sep 25, 2011.

1. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

ESPN reporting SEC announced aggy is coming effective July 2012. Why do we have to wait so long? Can't they switch tomorrow so they don't ruin the Big 12's power rating?

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

im old school so im still shocked they are leaving. hate can drive a man mad it there are a few thousand of them over in aggie land. i guess i was hoping they would come to their senses. all the aggies i know and do business with are not happy with the move but they are what i would consider fine gentlemen.

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

In order for them to come to their senses, they'd have to have some to begin with.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I, for one, am glad to see them go.

4. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

im happy that the drama is over with.

but i wont lie...this is anticlimactic given our shitting the bed yesterday.

5. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

Here's the story on the SEC website: Link

6. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Here's a link to the DMN Post. Kind of feels like "Groundhog Day"....please make it stop.

7. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Goodbye, losers. Good riddance.

8. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

9. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Joe, It will continue to be anticlimatic. My gut says that you (all) will have 2nd thoughts many, many times to come.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

10. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

i disagree. regardless of our on field performance i dont think we will regret this decision.

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

translated: the SEC saw yesterday's stellar performance and came to the conclusion that aggy would ABSOLUTELY be the new SEC *****, at which point Vanderbilt let loose a sigh of relief that they no longer would hold that title.

12. Eichmare

Eichmare 100+ Posts

In the end aggy remained true to their own distorted form: they say one thing and do another. So much for the aggie code of honor. They lied and cheated about signing a long term contract while at the same time they were planning to break it, and they stole time, money and resources from the other Big 12 Members they claimed they were partners with.

Well, good riddance. I, for one, will not miss their delusional, pathetic insecurities, cultish rituals and inflated sense of themselves and their hokey little school in backwater Collie Station.

My one wish would be for them to leave right away, but at least it gives us the chance to beat them at home, like we did Nebraska, one final time as a parting gift. [​IMG]

13. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

14. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

My guess is that many decades will again pass before two top ten teams play at kyle field. [​IMG]

15. nwhornfan

nwhornfan 100+ Posts

Good F**kin Riddance........have fun getting raped in ALL sports. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

Uh-oh, this is only going to increase SEC recruiting in Texas. [​IMG]

17. lhbruleshalftime

lhbruleshalftime 250+ Posts

How will the other schools compare in meat judging?

18. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Aggies are like an alcoholic, They've had a big problem and they are about to hit rock bottom.

19. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

It's like watching the Titanic sail away...

20. cmtsip

cmtsip 500+ Posts

S E C ya .... wouldn't want to be ya! [​IMG]

21. TexasStew

TexasStew 25+ Posts

They'll no longer have us to hate on. Starting next year, what will they find to be the meaning of their existence?

22. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

In the words of our esteemed governor and current presidential wannabe, "Adios, MOFO!" [​IMG]

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

All that aside, TAMU did what they thought was best for them. Hard to fault that other than not being upfront about it from the start. They followed the conference exit rules as far as I can tell. Time to let it and them go.

Let's concentrate on OUR own conference.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I Agree with Prop Joe, Aggy won't have second thoughts.
    They finally realized and admitted that they will never have the clout and prestige that Texas packs.

Life is not worth living for them in the Big 12, especially with our LHN, so they will take their chances in the SEC.
    Aggy would rather be a 6th place team in the SEC than a runner-up to Texas in the Big 12.

Aggy doesn't like to hear this, but we are their reason for existence; check their traditions.
    How they rid themselves of this culture will be extremely interesting to see. I'm awfully curious how they proceed.
    We all have our opinions about whats going to happen to them in the SEC - in football, anyway - but none of us really know for sure.
    I actually admire them for coming to the realization that We're Texas, and they ain't.

And personally, I'm happy to see them go.

24. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

Danno: You nailed it. No matter the success or lack thereof, a&m would never admit their mistake. And while they are at it, leave "TEXAS" here in Austin.

25. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

My contribution to the glorious weekend that included their first Top-10 matchup at home in 36 seasons. A statement game that made quit a statement! Recently a South Carolina admin (President or AD) said aggy would be welcome and that they were not pursued, they were divorced. I'll take some Photoshop liberties here and play with phonetics, so here you go. A send off to the Divorcees!!!

[​IMG]

26. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

No more State Farm Showdown hoedown, That was just dumb.

27. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

Funny thing is that A&M will largely be completely forgotten in the minds of 98% of Texas fans by this time next year (out of sight, out of mind), that may be what ends up galling A&M the very most as they simply become totally irrelevant. Just look at what happened to Arkansas after they left the SWC, you're going to see a repeat of that once again here...

28. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

Bye, aggy.

The big question now is: Does the SEC take Missouri or West Virginia at number 14?

Does this put Ken "Mad Dog" Starr on the clock, or is he muzzled so long as Missouri doesn't go to the SEC?

There's this, according to the South Carolina President:

29. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

30. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts