Iverson Broke

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by general35, Feb 14, 2012.

1. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

lost 150 million on crap and a posse. i was always a fan of the way he played the game. one of the top 5 point guards ever.
    The Link

2. SigPi_Horn

SigPi_Horn 500+ Posts

shocker.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

This probably happens to former professional athletes a lot more than people think.

4. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

Maybe he should of PRACTICED some on his financial education [​IMG]

He, nor anyone that blows that kind of money, will get ZERO sympathy from me. It's your own dumb a$$ fault you lost the money Mr. Iverson. Next time learn to say no to your 50 person posse and put a little money in the bank.

5. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

6. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

Top 5 point guard? You would find many people who would dispute that

7. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

Doh! Msdw beat me to it.

8. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

he was a SG not a PG...eric snow was the PG on the philly team that made the finals. I loved watching him play, dude was tough as nails and maybe the fastest/quickest player I've ever seen at that level, but he was a dumbass dipsh**.

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

He'll be ok. There are plenty of public assistance programs for people like him who are victims of the system and corporate greed. Is he too big to fail? Maybe he qualifies for a bailout.

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No. Yao Ming might be too big to fail, but AI, not so much.

11. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

Anyone who thinks it is appropriate to write "should of" should STFU and get an education.

12. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

Who was it that didn't even use an agent when he signed his deal? Was it Ray Allen who just hired a attorney paid by the hour? I remember thinking at the time that is was a very frugal move. AI and TO get inducted to the least frugal hall of shame this year.

13. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

14. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

And I think one of the quickest guys off the dribble I've ever seen. In his prime, no one could stay in front of him. Not anyone.

15. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

AI not a PG in my mind.

16. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

When did AI choke a coach? I thought that was Latrell Sprewell.

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Partway through his career Iverson became a much better teammate. Driving at the rim was still his main game and he still took some bad shots, but he started using his drive to draw defenders and dish more often. Not coincidentaly, his assists went way up after that point ... and his scoring didn't really drop since it his worst shots were the ones he was passing up. Plus the 76ers didn't have a lot of good offensive options so a lot of times the ball would come back around to him anyway. He had a few seasons where he was around 30 ppg and 8 apg. That's impressive.

18. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I can't say much. If I racked up an $860,000 jewelry bill, I couldn't pay for it either.

19. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

It's dumb enough when NFL players go broke. What makes even more idiotic is when NBA or MLB players go broke because they get guaranteed contracts.

In money management 101, this is one of fundamental axioms:

The hardest part isn't becoming wealthy. It's maintaining your wealth.