Jalen Hurts

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horn2RunAgain, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

how fast does he scoot to aggy after this game ends?

Saban crushed his career in Tuscaloosa tonight, lot of schools will want him but I'd bet on sheepsburgh.

2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Kid has started 3 national championship games at Bama. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see him jumping at a chance to sit out a year to try to win a starting job at Aggy.

3. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

O my gosh.

4. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Never heard of a sophomore starting in 3 national championship games before (grin)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I don't think he's going anywhere. Going to the national championship game is fun. I certainly don't see him going to A&M unless he truly hates being in the CFP.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Both Sumlin & Fisher recruited the kid, but I doubt he decides to end his career by transferring. If he does, I have two words for him - Brandon Stewart! Still the best HS QB I've seen, but I was too young to "see" Jackie Hathorn.

7. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Interesting to see how Hurts pulled off stating 3 National Championship games in 2 years as a sophomore........!!!!!!
    definitely more impressed with the Hawaain kid in every aspect!!! Ala does not win with Hurts tonight....too bab!!!

8. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

If nothing else this game proves the idiocy of the 'record as a starter' statistic.Technically Hurts gets credit for the win but doesn't deserve it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I had to go to Wikipedia to see that Hurts is truly a sophomore. Feels like he’s been around longer because I’ve seen him on so many big games.

10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

He won’t leave

11. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

Some of you have the Mack Brown mentality. It's better to lose football games than to crush a young man's confidence. Exhibit A: Garrett Gilbert. How'd that work out? EVERY player who starts for Alabama KNOWS if they don't produce, there's another 4 or 5 star that will replace him. NO ONE is entitled to ANYTHING. Saban could care LESS about "crushing" a young man's career/confidence. That's was Mack Brown's priority, NOT Saban's - he only cares about winning games and championships. Hurts crushed his own career when he couldn't get it done in the first half. If he decides to transfer, Saban won't blink.

• Like Like x 3
  12. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Hurts would do well to pull a Swoopes and move to tight end or something.
    He's going nowhere at the next level.
    And he won't be starting next year.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Agree with @gahornphan — sports is a meritocracy: produce or be replaced.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

For better or worse, Hurts just became the #2 QB. How he deals with that is up to him. Clearly the Frosh is a better passer.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

If I remember correctly, Brandon Stewart had a knack for throwing really pretty interceptions. I think he qb'ed aggy to a heart-breaking loss to the mighty Ragin' Cajuns.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yeah he was a great technical thrower as I recall. But it matters who you throw the ball to.

17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

And this is why i get tired of hearing "we're young". Either the coach can coach 'em up or he cant. Either the player can get it done or he cant. So if the player isnt getting it done on the field there is only two options as a problem.....period...no excuses....look at our basketball team full of talent laying piles of poo.

I also never want to hear again that stars dont matter when recruiting.

18. joh

joh 25+ Posts

Click bait? Got me to look—- regarding if Jalen Hurts should transfer after NC game and to where.

"He's from Texas. And the Texas Longhorns are in the quarterback market." - Greg McElroy on Jalen Hurts @dpshow

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  19. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

However, star ratings are a snapshot in time. Unless the player continues to develop once he gets on campus, the player's recruitment rating means squat. As long as a player has sufficient size and speed, winning is determined by whether a player can execute plays consistently and minimize mistakes--especially in big games.

20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Brandon Stewart who threw so many interceptions that he beat out Peyton Manning for the starting job at Tennessee their freshman year?

No denying that the Aggies took a diamond and turned it back into carbon, but that's their history.

• Like Like x 2
  21. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Georgia only has a freshman starter because their sophomore got hurt. Injuries happen. I think it's best for Hurts to let things roll. There are several years to go.

22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That sophomore QB is very likely headed to Seattle. He and Fromm are roommates and riends, but this injury has him homesick.

23. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Hate to admit it but Aggy is set at QB for the next 2-3 years.

Tagovailoa is a beast!

• Like Like x 1
  24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

His first hurdle will be surviving 22 September in Tuscaloosa.

25. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

When he took that last big sack I thought he might struggle from there, that was a momentum killer. Next play he heaves a perfect bomb for the win. Assassin.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

That was my thought too. Every bit of adversity that kid faced he responded with a bigger play. Nerves of steel.

I dislike Alabama profusely but what wasn't lost on me is that they had True Frosh a QB, RB and the WR that caught the GW TD. Impressive.

On a side note...that GA CB Parish (#14) was toasted all night long. He looked like he didn't even try on that OT TD. That kid choked worse than the Alabama FG kicker.

• Like Like x 2
  27. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

When he casually put his arm around Saban on the sideline after he threw an INT, or sack maybe, I knew the dude was ice.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Sometimes star ratings don't pan out, but there aren't many that don't. I would rather have a team ful of 4 and 5 stars with a couple that dont pan out than a team full of three stars looking for the diamond that was overlooked.

If players aren't developing fire the coach.

• Like Like x 2
  29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Second hurdle is keeping him away from transfer forms...

30. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

How about a team of 4 and 5 stars, including a 5 star QB with an NFL pedigree who was Gatorade Player of the year, who didn't just not "pan out", but were either downright terrible, or left the program not even having made a contribution? That's Texas the last years of the MB era.