Jalen Hurts

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Mr. Fiesta, Jan 16, 2019.

1. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I wouldn't want a kid to transfer to a school we're playing, period. Knows too much about your team and gives the other team an advantage. If I were a coach, I'd say no to that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I was okay with OU blocking the transfer of that QB to West Virginia. I also do not think players should be allowed to transfer to a school on their former team’s future schedules during their remainder of eligibility. I do not think this standard is unfair.

3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

3rd consecutive mobilehoma Heisman in 2019.

4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Not so fast - Clemson may have something to say about that.

5. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Sam will get his say too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

VY and Colt were passed over. As @SabreHorn calls it, the Hype$man has no credibility and so I don't think Ehlinger will win it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Not going to happen.

Mayfield (the jerk) had great presence, saw the field extremely well and was a very accurate passer. Murray (the entitled one) was extraordinary elusive with a great arm. Hurts, while talented, possesses neither of these advanced skill sets. Further, he won’t have the OL in front of him that Murray had. Riley is good, but he is not the genius many seem to suggest. Look for him to come back down to earth in 2019.

While I do expect Hurts to be good, he won’t be at a Heisman level, and he may never beat Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

If Shane wants to be close to home, be starting QB in a D1 program and TCU was the only option to do that then good for him. Luckily SMU had that option for him instead. Good for us. :smile1:

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

To the degree that every successful QB is dependent upon an excellent online I agree Hurts won't have the success of his predecessors because of the loss of the OL talent but I'm not downplaying Hurts' talent. The kid is darn good, albeit not the speed of Kyler and close but not the accuracy of Tua. Both of which will be amplified if the OL turns out to be a weak link in the offense. In other words, I think the kid is above just good and sorry he

10. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Everybody hurts, sometimes.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Lol, was that some sort of intended pun? If not, it should been! :smile1:

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Not to Andy Kaufman in the wrestling match!