Jamal Charles

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Alex_de_Large, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

My top 10

Earl
    Ricky
    Charles
    Priest Holmes
    Foreman
    Benson
    Simmons
    Leaks
    Gilbert
    Worster

• Like Like x 1
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Jim Bertelsen had a better career than Foreman. Just saying.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Some irony in your post, Dickerson was a focal point of Edwin's recruiting. I agreed with Scott Hill that WE had to keep Edwin from going to Highland Park. I would accept him going to Norman, and Scott and Barry would reluctantly accept him coming to Texas as long as he did not go to SMU.

I constructed a lengthy letter to Edwin in Hawkins basically pointing out that:

1) Dickerson was likely the best college RB in the country

2) Dickerson played on the only undefeated team in the country

3) Dickerson helped SMU win the SWC and get embarrassed in the Cotton Bowl, not by their performance but rather by the incredibly small attendance, which was less than the State 5A championship drew.

4) Dickerson did not win the Hype$man because of he went to SMU. Had he been at Texas (like Earl), he would have won it. If he had been at OU (like Billy), he would have won it. But he was at SMU, who no one followed or cared about as evidenced by their attendance and the fact that they couldn't be #1 even when they were the only undefeated team in D-1.

I have always said the only GOOD thing I have ever said or will say about Dickerson is that he helped us get Edwin Simmons.

:hookem2:

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sidebar on Hawkins - that Assembly of God Church in Hawkins sent us:

Edwin Simmons

Stanley Richards

A two-time NCAA track champion whose name escapes me (don't remember his name but do remember that he had an electric skillet in his dorm room and served up some outstanding fried pork chops).

(Yes, electric appliances were "outlawed" in dorm rooms, but when you win a couple of national championship competitions, exceptions were made.)

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dickerson was told that on many occasions during his post-high school playing career (and probably is to this day when he starts whining or trying to *****-slap someone from Texas). I hope he enjoyed that car with the suitcases in the trunk.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

There’s a guy in Bellville who swears Meyer told him to take the two suitcases, put them in the back of the TransAm and drive down Hwy 36 to Sealy and drop it off..

The Aggies don't remember it that way.

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Denial is such a tempting mistress.