James Brown POTW

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Don Don Horn, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Don Don Horn

Don Don Horn < 25 Posts

James Brown won offensive player of the week in his first game for the centex barracudas. Check it out
    The Link

By the way our defense had 3 TD returns as well.

2. Orangeblood90

Orangeblood90 250+ Posts

I'm sorry but what the hell is this team/league. Is it an arena league farm system? seriously

3. bevo_daddy

bevo_daddy 500+ Posts

Anyone else think that it's weird that this league has 7 teams in texas and 2 in Alaska?

4. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

Weird, yes, but at least they made Texas bigger.

5. tbone

tbone 250+ Posts

I'll allways dig James Brown:

Beating ou as a true freshman in his first start
    beating aggy with a flat tire
    roll left

Good for James Brown.

6. velvet master

velvet master 100+ Posts

James Brown is the man. the 1st Big 12 Champion QB ever and a key player in the Longhorn football revival. never forget his greatness.

7. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

Holy hell, James brown is still playing?!

Color me surprised. I had no idea.

8. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

olan coleman...now that's a blast from the past. that dude is as quick as a sneeze, but he only weighed about a buck 50 in high school, if that.

9. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

Guys, Don Don posted last week that he's the coach of a, arena team in Central Texas and that they'd just signed James Brown.

Honestly I didn't think much of it because JB must be getting fairly old by now and I didn't know he was still keeping himself in playing shape. Last I'd heard he was a home appraiser in Austin. I knew he had played some arena ball a while back, but I thought that was years ago.

Don Don, up until you signed him, has JB been playing any kind of ball anywhere else lately? If not, I'd say it's pretty impressive that he can play succesfully at any level on a brand new team within a week of being signed.

Nice job JB.

10. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

11. Don Don Horn

Don Don Horn < 25 Posts

Th IFL is a league that is just a notch below arena 2 We usually battle for talent and pay about the same. James has not been playing much more than flag football for awhile but as you can read he stepped right back in as a leader. It should get interesting when he starts getting in football shape. Odesssa made the playoffs last year and they are expected to make them this year.

We play in Katy this week so if there are any Houstonians that want to see a good product for a cheap price come on down. The players stay out for 15 minutes after the game and sign autographs.

Olin is still faster than a hiccup. He returned 2 kicks in the first game and leads the league in all purpose yards.

12. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

When and where is the game? I don't have my only final until saturday the 10th, and I was planning on heading to houston this week to bring some stuff home. I figure it'd be worth my time to catch Mr. Roll Left himself if the timing is right.

13. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

My favorite JB moment (besides Roll Left, of course) was the aggy game before the Big XII Championship Game when the aggy QB ran out of bounds BEFORE getting the 1st down because Bryant Westbrook was about to knock him into next week (not that I blame him).

JB came running right up to him on the sideline and started jawing at him.

That spring I met JB at one of Mackovic's pancake breakfast deals, and I asked him what he said. JB said, "Oh, I just called him a dumb aggy."

[​IMG]

14. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

15. Don Don Horn

Don Don Horn < 25 Posts

The Link

That should help

Sunday 6:00

16. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Congrats JB.

17-10