Jatarie White

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by justabbfan, May 15, 2017.

1. justabbfan

justabbfan 25+ Posts

Has there been any recent updates on Jatarie's medical status? I noticed during the tournament she was wearing a boot but seemed to be able to walk and move without difficulty but that's not to say she's ready to play. It appears she has bonded with her team members and she was really into the games and cheering/supporting her team mates. Can't wait to see her play.

GameOfHorns likes this.
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 1,000+ Posts

I didn't notice the boot during the tourney but she was in several of the clips of practices, seemed to be a full participant.

3. justabbfan

justabbfan 25+ Posts

Hope you are correct. I noticed the boot during the NC State game. Maybe it was just a precaution.

4. Zig72

Zig72 100+ Posts

I watched Jatarie play throughout the Fall at full speed in practices. If she did suffer an injury in March, it was something new.

Malcom likes this.
  5. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 500+ Posts

Zig72, what should we expect of Jatarie's game, based on what you observed? She looked good on an old high school tape on youtube, but, other than that, I don't have a clue.

6. Zig72

Zig72 100+ Posts

Keep in mind Jatarie played every day against opponents that matched or exceeded her height, i.e. Kelsey and Audrey. There was never a free lunch. In that type of match-up, Jatarie's strength is her effort. She is physical and not shy of a battle. Defensively, she will be a reliable rebounder. She moves better than Kelsey and you'll see better ball control than we came to expect from Kelsey.

Offensively, again, rebounding will be a strength. I don't expect to see a lot of inbound passes to her in a post-up game against big defenders, but that would change if she has a match-up advantage. She does have nice back to the basket skills, but not something you build an offense around.

I expect her and Audrey to split minutes, which is fortunate because both will pick up fouls. Rellah is the wild card here - we don't know what to expect until we see it in practice. Coach may want to go "small" at times with Joyner and Rellah in the front court.

7. brnkj

brnkj 250+ Posts

Kind of what I've been thinking, too.

8. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 500+ Posts

Zig72, thanks for the report.