Ja’Tavion Sanders

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by idahohorn, Nov 20, 2021.

1. idahohorn

idahohorn 250+ Posts

Seems like over the summer there was talk it would be impossible to keep him off the field. Offense or defense. He was our highest rated recruit. What happened?

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Good question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Most worthless 5 star ever. Probably the fault of the coaching staff. This is an elite talent that came to them as such. They needed to teach and prepare him to contribute this year. Instead we got unathletic play from Brewer all year.

• Hot Hot x 1
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Has he played at all?

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes. On offense and defense. Probably redshirting by playing 4 games or less

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I just fine that he didn't blow a year of eligibility on this year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I cringe to read posts on this thread fearing he is hitting the portal.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Have you read one yet?

No.

So if the idea makes you cringe, why the holy hell would you be the first one to bring it up?

• Like Like x 1
  9. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

In one of Sark's last pressers he praised Sanders and a few other young players for their effort and improvement this year and alluded to what they will mean to this team next year.
    I was one hoping it would be impossible to keep him off the field this year.
    But being a physical high school freak doesn't necessarily mean he will pick up the scheme at the college level that quickly as well as acclimate to classes and everything else involved.
    Not to mention they have to decide if he fits best as a TE or DL.
    At 6'7" Wiley should have been just as much of a freak.
    And how would Sanders fare in blocking as a TE?
    Hopefully, next year we field a better OL and Sanders becomes a target to go along with Worthy.
    Or one hell of a pass rusher.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

He must be determined to play offense because it's hard to imagine he couldn't help as an edge rusher at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

That is an ugly thought isn't it?

12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

So since he’s played in 4 games no chance he’ll play Friday correct? That is if he wants to keep redshirt.

13. Sangre Naranjada

I believe you are correct.

14. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

A turtle could help as an edge rusher at this point. We miss Ossai more than Sam and that's saying something the way the QB play has been the last 4 games.

15. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

He should have given up his WR dreams years ago and switched to DE preparation full time. I don't mind that Ryan used him in the way they did in order to win games, but the guy just isn't built to play that way in college. He was basically a 6'4" wall of a man who would push off of 5'7" DBs and come away with fancy one-handed catches constantly.

The chance of that translating into anything in college football is slim-to-none.

Seeing the paydays for guys like Bosa, Garrett, Khalil Mack, etc. should have been enough motivation alone, but also the fact that we have virtually no defensive ends capable of anything resembling a pass rush should have pushed him to get in there.

• Like Like x 1