Javascript

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by TXEX96, Apr 22, 2004.

1. TXEX96

TXEX96 < 25 Posts

Some time ago I turned off something somerwhere that keeps pop ups away. I'm not sure, but I think that it turned off my ability to use javascript links. I think it was in the bios or something...it wasn't one of the settings under internet options. Any if this is what's causing my javascript problems would someone tell me how to turn it back on. I can't click on a lot of links now. If it's something else..any ideas on how I can fix it?
    [​IMG]

2. hellbunny

hellbunny 100+ Posts

It most assuredly was not in your BIOS. Other than that I have no idea.

I suggest you at least mention which browser you're using,

3. TTUStudent

TTUStudent 25+ Posts

4. TexasOwnzYou

TexasOwnzYou 500+ Posts

java != javascript

5. ArrogantAssclown

ArrogantAssclown 25+ Posts

You might check your internet security settings.

IE Browser/Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level

Check Java Permissions to make sure Jave has not been disabled. Set to low or medium safety. Also check to see if scripting has been disabled.

If you have a Anti-Virus software and Firewall software check the advanced settings of those applications also to see if java scripting has been disabled.

6. Bob Wills

Bob Wills 500+ Posts

Is the swallow unladen?

7. TXEX96

TXEX96 < 25 Posts

I'm using IE 6. I also experience this problem (assuming that it's related) when clicking on links in my outlook express emails. Sometimes I can get around the link problem ( when it's not javascript) by right clicking the link and copying the short cut-- then pasting it iin the browser. I guess (worst case scenario) I could maybe reload IE from the xp cd, but I'm hoping that there is another solution.

8. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

Try Tools -&#62; Internet Options -&#62; Security Tab -&#62; Internet Zone -&#62; Custom Settings -&#62; Reset to Medium.

9. TXEX96

TXEX96 < 25 Posts

Thanks, but tried the simple stuff long ago.
    Is it possible that ad-aware removed something ? Seems like I may have read that it could do that, but it's been a long time, and I'm not sure.

10. Bob Wills

Bob Wills 500+ Posts

What's the exact error message (if any)?

11. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

Well if you've already tried all the simple stuff, go ahead and fix whatever it did in your BIOS.

12. TXEX96

TXEX96 < 25 Posts

No error message. When I click on a Javascript link nothing happens. Sometimes regular links don't work either, but I can right click on them and copy and paste the link into my browser. Here is a sample page where I can't click on anything.
    The Link
    The links on the left hand side: Watch film, download film, etc

13. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

When I went to that page and disabled "Active Scripting" in the menu I mentioned above, I could no longer open the javascript links. Re-enabling and reloading the page made it work.

If that feature is already enabled, I recommend reinstalling IE.

14. TXEX96

TXEX96 < 25 Posts

Thanks again for the help. Unfortuanately, it's allready enabled.

15. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

16. TXEX96

TXEX96 < 25 Posts

I had a feeling that one was going to work...
    No luck though.
    Thanks again for the help.