Javonne Shepard enters transfer portal

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Garmel, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 4
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Dang it! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this guy was a bit 'flaky' during his recruitment, but physically he's a freak of nature as a big-man athlete. I'm not the conspiratorial sort, but I wouldn't be surprised if some street-agent types (one in particular) had something to do with this.

In any event, I hope he lands on his feet, gets and keeps his head screwed on straight, and does well at some school not in the Big XII or within a 100 mile radius of Austin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Bye

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I guess a good education was not part of his agenda.

Being big enough does not mean one is good enough to start.

5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

wow. i think i defended him this summer as a guy who came and stood by his word when others called him flaky as a recruit.

my bad. lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Kids these days...

I could almost understand if he was a defensive end, looking at the ****-show we presently are on defense.

But we got Herb Hand and even if the OL has struggled in the last couple of weeks, our offense got rolling again Saturday.

Nobody wants to put the work in to get the playing time.
    Everyone just wants to take the elevator to the top.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Probably sees LSU winning and others winning, while we are in suckage mode in year 3. He was leaning different ways in recruitment, so seeing what he sees, it makes sense he, (being flaky during recruiting) would look around. Kids these days want to play for a winner. They don't want to work to make someone a winner. That is why Bama, Clemson, tOSU, and on a smaller scale OU, get most everyone they want in recruiting; and don't have to settle for a 3* etc. He may think he can play as well as our starters, and as a 4* he may. Our OL has sucked pass blocking for two weeks, and hasn't opened huge holes at any time this year.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yep. I was willing to cut this guy a lot of slack based on his rather rough background, and his demonstrated work ethic with TFK. But I guess some guys seem to think they're getting screwed if they're not starting as a true Freshman. Reality will hit him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Arrrgghhh… We fattened him up for BlowU or Aggie with our luck.

10. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

My aggy buddy advised me of this about 20 minutes ago (1500). I can always count on him for late breaking bad news/implications to the Horns. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I guess some coach will promise him immediate PT, and then when he actually has to earn it he'll be in the pool again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Not to surprised with the rumors during his recruitment

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

When observed on the sideline, it appeared he was getting along well with teammates. Crazy.

14. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

TH didn't give him a trophy on arrival.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  15. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Not so sure it is bad news. I want players who bleed burnt orange. There are plenty of talented OL recruits for 2020 and 2021.
    I hope he finds what he is looking for elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Bull s***, spin it however but this is not good implication. Sucks just like OU.

17. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Maybe he saw that? I agree that guys who have bought in need to move-on. I think it is good we have another pick from next year's OL crop. Especially someone who wants to be at Texas.

18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

This leaves us with two scholarship OL for the Class of 2019, which means a gap in depth. I’m counting Big Willie as an earlier class since he has less eligibility left.

19. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Free agency in college football will be it’s ruination. Players will be baited by suitors and promised s- -t behind the scenes (and under the table). Some schools will work these options hard.

I am afraid this coupled with the CA pay system could be the beginng of the end.

• Agree Agree x 8
  20. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

What's crazy is an OT comes in and of course is not going to start. And then transfers in the middle of the season. It was like with Rising last year. Comes in 2nd string as a frosh. He knew he wasn't going to start for 3 years. I mean did he really think he was going to replace Sam? Then transfers. I mean how can these guys be that stupid? You should be able to evaluate the depth chart and understand your role. It's not rocket science. I'm just amazed at how really stupid the world is. Like people think in this parallel universe outside of logic. I'd slap my kid silly and tell him to grow a pair if they quit in the middle of the season. If you're not happy at the end of the year maybe, but finish what you at least started this year. It's called bing a man, something these kids parents don't hold them to. My kids knew I'd never put up with that type of bull ****. Finish what you start whether you like it or not. Worlds not always going to give you lemonade right out of the jar.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I suppose they have to revel in the rare occasion UT has soum negative news. God knows, aggys whole life is nothing but constant embarrassing news from the state's cesspool of a town and university. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  22. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

If Rising starts next year, then yes he thought he should unseat Sam, and probably should have, even though Sam is a gutsy guy. We will see next season. But he figured Herman wouldn't give him the chance since he wasn't a true dual threat guy.

• poop poop x 4
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Transfer portal as a freshman on a 5-2 team likely headed to a great bowl and great recruiting class?

Bye. Good luck to you. You need better guidance parents/counselors first.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

“...and probably should have?”

I’m speechless.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rising will start next season as no higher than #2. Jason Shelly from Frisco Lone Star will be the starter.

• Hot Hot x 1
  26. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

If that happens then Rising messed up. if he beats Shelly out, then Herman screwed up, because Shelly is goooood, and if Rising can beat him out, then he is probably way better than Sam. As I said, time will tell and we will see if he was wise to transfer or not. As far as transfers go...we need a few in order to sign a big class in Dec/Feb.

27. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I think there was a lot more to this story. I have second row seats midfield right behind the Longhorn bench and thought he was acting very strange during the game Saturday. We were in a tight game and just gave up a 10 point lead and he was dancing and clowning around on the sideline. You could tell all the other players were serious and some seemed annoyed by his behavior under the circumstances. We were tied late in the game to KU and he was trying to show off to teammates dancing. I was thinking this is a very immature kid the way he was acting. i wouldn’t be surprised if one of the coaches or even Tom Herman himself had a talk to him after the game. I don’t know if the last part happened but there was some cringing moments on the sideline. After seeing that I’m wondering if something went down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  28. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

The kid probably thinks he should be getting some playing time since you can play in four games and still redshirt. He probably already decided to transfer before the game, so didn't give a rat's butt about the outcome. If he was acting a fool in a game like KU, then good riddance . We don't need that type of kid.

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Ah! I didn't know that. So his playing in the LSU game (I think the linked story said La Tech??? SMH) ... didn't remove his "shirt?"

Thanks I35 for that report. Yes, that does seem to be a "red flag"

Adios, muchacho. Hope you get yer cranium screwed on SOMEWHERE at SOME POINT. Life's gonna be real hard on ya if you don't. Ask Vince ... you probably aren't any better an OL than Vince was a QB in the college game.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe we can log him some PT at DB? - he cant be that much worse than we show

• Funny Funny x 1