Jeff Fuller returning to aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Septimus, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Septimus

Septimus 250+ Posts

Ugh, as if we needed more bad news this weekend. Looks like our chances of beating them at Kyle next season just got even worse. [​IMG]

Fuller returning

2. vculou

vculou 250+ Posts

Just anouther pimple on BEVOS ***... We wlll be fine, [​IMG]

3. ChazUTX

ChazUTX 250+ Posts

We will be fine....however only losing 2-3 starters for the ags will equal a solid team next season! I for one was hoping Fuller would bounce to the pro's.

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If you watched the game on Thanksgiving, Texas had the game under control until Gilbert had the unforced fumble on the goal line. Even with the defense taking the rest of the night off, Texas had a chance until the end.

Moral of the story - aggy has more to worry about Texas showing up with a team that wants to play than Texas has to worry about aggy. Besides, who is to say the real ags were the ones who had competitive issues against their new best buds (Arkansas and LSU) and will have had their heads handed to them by ou in Norman on 05 November.

5. madcow

madcow 500+ Posts

6. madcow

madcow 500+ Posts

7. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

Fuller is a great college receiver but he doesn't scare me nearly as much as our pitiful run defense did against agy. If we stuff the run and put some pressure on T-hill, good things will happen for us with or without Fuller.

8. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Fuller is a great receiver, but he doesn't worry me. I expect a real bounce-back year from an Akina-coached secondary.

9. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

10. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

11. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

Fuller is a physical specimen, evident by him making 72 catches for 1,066 yards and 12 TD coming off a year he suffered a broken tibula, for a run-oriented offense that had a QB-change mid year.

Maybe Fuller won't dominate OU or Texas (maybe he will), but his return makes A&M a bigger threat to other conference teams that places them in position to finish higher in the Big 12 south than they would have without him. I would rather he go pro and not return to give A&M another weapon on offense.

12. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

13. LTHORN

LTHORN 25+ Posts

Fuller won't help himself in the draft by coming back. He's got everything you look for in a receiver except speed and that won't change next year or the year after. The ags will be salty on offense next year but they just don't have enough talent on defense. Next year will be their best shot at a B12 title in a while but they get to go to Norman next year. For you ags out there bragging about your offense, you averaged about 350 yards in your last 2 games against us and LSU.

14. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

don't make a $hit

bring it along with Broyles and Blackmon

15. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

You would think A&M was in the running for the MNC just because they had a 9 win season. Give me a break with the Aggies already. 1 season does not make a program just like our 1 lousy season does not signify a demise in ours.

16. Septimus

Septimus 250+ Posts

I certainly don't think aggy will be great, with or without Fuller. I'm just saying that it would have been difficult for Texas to beat them in COLLEGE STATION even without Fuller, and our chances of beating them WITH Fuller are even worse. Remember how our MNC teams struggled there against crappy aggy teams, and we even lost there in '07?

I just can't stand the idea of having to go another year of having to listen to those blow hards talk trash. Almost 3 out of 4 of my co-workers are aggys and the past 2 months already feel like a year.

17. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

I deal with the same issue with friends who are Aggies that just can't seem to shut up. "We went to a bowl Game". Uh... you lost. "Well Texas stayed home this year. Well, we played for the National Title last year. "Well this year you finished below 500. It never ends and their egos are just going to be larger next year and their expectations is that the tide has turned and beating Texas will be an automatic thing like it was in the late 80's.

18. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Fuller is great, no question.

AggieEric, doesn't Gray's performance over the last several games make you wonder if Sherman was making an error playing him behind Michael?

You're team finished well and made a nice season of it. You managed to beat OU, Texas, Tech and Nebraska in the same year, yet you could not manage to represent the South in the championship game. Then you got crushed in your bowl game.

Further, I think the smattering of pre-season top ten ratings you're getting is probably a disaster for your team's attitude. We struggled with that problem early in Mack's tenure.

I sort of think your season next year will play out like your bowl game did this year. An early burst of success generating high hopes and expectations that will be dashed in conference play.

Had Texas not made the coaching changes that we have, you might have been able to feel pretty good about the game against us, but changes were made. At the end of the season you'll face a Texas team accustomed to the new schemes and assignments with a great freshman class filling some of the holes we have now.

Strut while you can because it looks like the window will be brief for you guys. Not a great class coming in and your best players on defense are leaving. Your offense will likely be good, but they'll have to be great to keep you in the top ten. I don't see that happening.

19. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

aggy goes 8-4 in 2011

20. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

21. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

22. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

with Broyles, Blackmon, the ND receiver and many other junior WRs declaring they would stay, he should have left. He will be competing in next years draft against some pretty good WRs. He just cost himself some money.

He would have been drafted much higher in 2011 than he will in 2012.

23. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

24. Septimus

Septimus 250+ Posts

25. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

I had the displeasurable privilege to have been in Collieland this week for business and while on campus we "ran into" some aggy FB players, Fuller being one of them. He's an impressive young man no doubt. He already looks like he should be playing the NFL. He made the other players present appear to be children by his comparison. He'll definitely be playing on Sunday's in the future.

That said, why the agroidites come on Hornfans to smack talk about next season's game, whom will be ranked over whom and whom will go into the game as the favorite is purely asinine. Not one person has the foresight to predict these situations. SWAG it? Sure, but anything more is completely baseless at this point.

By Oct, we should have a much clearer picture which school will be more dominant but until then, its best to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

[​IMG]

26. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

I think I'll continue to focus on our own issues rather than concern myself with the return of an aggy receiver. Certainly good news for those folks, but I'm thinking it's not so impactful for us.

27. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

28. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

SWHORN..... YOU SAID IT!!!!! Love it!!!! Delusional Aggies are among us at all times.

29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

30. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts