JERRY F'n STACKHOUSE

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by PiGuy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. PiGuy

PiGuy 250+ Posts

HOLY CRAP

2. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

3. FirstTimeLurker

FirstTimeLurker 100+ Posts

ok they beat the Clippers on a buzzer shot. wow.

I am more impressed by this fact in the game:

Sam Cassell is a 38yo guard. Damn, time flies when a player is a 24 year old rookie. What a legend, and a nearly 16ppg career average. One of the best PGs in NBA history, certainly top 20 at his position.

4. ut2010

ut2010 25+ Posts

^^^ What?

Anyways AWESOME!!! Sweet sweet stroke.

5. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

It doesn't make me special, but I went to the game for FREE with two Dallas friends that I have known since 6th grade. Lower Level (but near the back) on the end where they hit the winning shot. We had other Mavs fans around us as well. It was nice!

First I got to go to the UT/UCLA hoops game before Christmas and now this. My first two games in LA (first at Pauley & first at Staples) and they were AWESOME!!

Lastly, what's so "OLD" about 38? [​IMG]

6. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

No offense to Sam Cassell, but I hope that comment was sarcasm.

7. PiGuy

PiGuy 250+ Posts

8. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

That was so freaking awesome. After being behind most of the game, coming from 14 down, then Tim Thomas with the dumbass play of the game shooting with 8 seconds on the clock, the Mavs getting the ball, Clips double-teaming Dirk who got the ball to Jet who immediately whipped it to Stack who was squared up to the basket without anyone guarding him, let it rip, and nothing but the bottom of the net.

Was well worth staying up till 1 a.m. to watch it. And kudos to Napoleon who obviously has some good mojo working by going to the games. If we play the Lakers in the playoffs you are now obligated to go to every game. [​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

9. FirstTimeLurker

Cassell is one of the top 20-25 PGs of all time and much better than Mark Jackson

10. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

11. FirstTimeLurker

Cassell could hang with the best and still can hold his edge against the young freaks even at age 38. He is the most underrated player in NBA history.

12. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

Cassell is a gamer... very solid for most of his career, but top 20-25 of all-time? That's asinine.

13. FirstTimeLurker

name 24 better PGs

14. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

Magic
    Oscar Robertson
    Isaiah Thomas
    John Stockton
    Bob Cousy
    Walt Frazier
    Jason Kidd
    Tiny Archibald
    Steve Nash
    Gary Payton
    Jerry West
    Lenny Wilkins
    Earl the Pearl
    Chauncey Billups
    Allen Iverson
    Maurice Cheeks
    Dennis Johnson
    Andrew Toney
    Mark Price
    Dave Bing
    Pete Maravich
    Tony Parker
    Terry Porter
    Baron Davis
    Chris Paul
    Deron Williams
    Kevin Johnson
    Tim Hardaway

He's probably closer to top 25 than I thought. I take back the "asinine" remark. Top 20? No.

Nothing against Cassell... I love the guy and always have. He lacks in some critical PG stats (i.e. assists and defense), IMO. Some of the above are debateable, but I probably have left out a couple of good candidates as well.