Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RunRickyRun34, Apr 27, 2008.

1. RunRickyRun34

RunRickyRun34 250+ Posts

Has ol' Skeletor officially lost his God damn mind???
    5 trades today, 0 players added thus far. WTF is he doing?

2. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

Adding an additional 3rd and 4th to next years draft. Looks like he may be stockpiling for a possible trade. He takes a lot of heat but the draft was strong last year and looking back now, Bill wasn't exactly drafting players on their way to Canton lately.

3. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

Taking 2 RB's is actually a good move.

Show Barber you arent going to bend backwards to reach a deal with him. This is definatly a statement pick, but it will also help Dallas alot. The kid wrecked at G-Tech, and has a great Football IQ.

4. ChemHORN

ChemHORN 100+ Posts

Get it right. Its not Jerry, its Jerrah. Jerrah likes RB. Jerrah likes Arkansas. Jerrah is happy with no depth at Safety or WR. (unless a trade is in the works)

5. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

I was hoping we would draft Kenny Phillips so we could release evil roy soon.

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

A weak year for safties in the draft. There's not much sense drafting someone in the last round that has a slim chance of making the roster, when you can probably get something better next year.

I really like this draft of Jerry's. The only question is if he should have taken Jones ahead of Mendenhall. Some say yes; most say no; I say I don't know. Only time will tell.

The more I think about it, the more I even like the aggie pick. I'm sure Jerry might have tried to get Finley, but he's obviously too damned slow.

7. launceston

launceston 250+ Posts

I am hoping with these secondary additions, no more Roy Williams in deep coverage. [​IMG]

8. Markstanco

Markstanco 100+ Posts

9. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

He's trying to see how long Dallas can go without winning a playoff game. He's probably close to the record right now.

10. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

11. Third Coast

Most experts are giving JJ and the Cowboys a B+ to A- grade on this draft. As good, or better than anyone else that didn't have double digit picks ...like KC for example.

Jerry has said that he did everything he could to get Roy from Detroit, but the Lions wouldn't budge.

There just weren't any can't miss "wow" WR's left in the draft when they picked in the 2nd round. The closest to that was Hardy and Jerry said he thought about trading up for him in the 2nd, but the price was too high. Why use a pick on someone that isn't clearly better than Sam Hurd and/or Miles Austin?

They have a couple of extra mid round picks in next year's draft to wheel and deal with. Perhaps they can still swing a deal for a veteran receiver before the season starts.

In any event, they will clearly be a better team after this draft and if the PacMan thing works out, they could be much better.

12. WhHorn

WhHorn 250+ Posts

For a change I was pleasantly pleased with Jerry's draft this year

13. Genco

Genco 100+ Posts

I was pleased with it until the 6th round reach with Walden. However, I'm glad they reached in the 6th versus the 1st or 2nd.

I would have preferred Mendenhall to Jones but time will tell. Overall, I'm pleased with the draft.

14. Third Coast

15. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts