Jerry Palm's bracket

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Feb 24, 2008.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I know this came out before today's game, but I still think winning at KU and at home vs Tech go a long ways to getting us in. We'll have to wait to see how the team handles the increasing pressure of needing to get a win.

Jerry's bracket

2. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

I thought that Texas would need to win three of its last four before today. Seems the basketball folks in the know today who broadcast the ESPN2 game felt that Texas needed two more regular season wins and a decent first-round showing in the Big XII Tournament. KU and Tech definitely are winnable. If Texas could just cut down on the turnovers, it just might be able to compensate for its low scoring percentage. PLEASE ... PLEASE ... PLEASE ... value the ball at Kansas and they'll do just fine.

3. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

While I largely agree with Tom's post, to actually see all of that spewn onto one post makes me feel everyone's pain and laugh my *** off at the same time.

4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

whether people are willing to admit it or not, the reality is that today's game was one of the most uninspired performances that I can recall having seen by a team representing the University of Texas...in damned near ANY sport.

Unless this team finds its heart and regains some drive, these next couple of weeks are going to be painful, and no amount of yelling from the stands is going to change that.

I know there were a lot of cupcakes on the non-conference schedule but my god...we put up more than 36 shots in a half in a lot of those games. We managed a whopping 36 FOR THE GAME today. It does not matter if you are near 50% for the game when you play in a manner that does not even give you a shot a minute. [​IMG]

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Good thing Tom doesn't get to vote who gets in. [​IMG] It sure is hairpulling painful to watch some games, today's included. Still, they have played some very good games which what makes so baffling that they can't sustain that type of effort that has given them wins over several top 25 teams.

I have no idea if they will be in post season play simply because it's darned near impossible to predict which team will come out on the floor from half to half and sometimes during a half. I do think they still have a shot at being in the NCAAs with a couple of wins. I will ride the rollercoast and hope that it lasts for a while longer.

6. txtreefan

txtreefan 100+ Posts

Calm down folks - if you ignore the result - today's game was a fun game. A&M played excellent basketball. Coach G got her first T at the Erwin Center. Ashley Lindsey sat on Morenike Atunrase's head for the best foul of the game. The officiating was so bad that the crowd got involved, and think about it, either these players will get better or they won't, but either way most of them will graduate within two years or so. Coach G hasn't given up on this team, though she plenty reason to, so neither shall I. While she is a turnover waiting to happen on offense and cannot handle dribble penetration on defense, Chrystal Boyd should start. Edub is all hustle and no smarts. Anyone know why Brittainey was wearing a mask today?

7. VinceYoungScores

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

9. VinceYoungScores

Stat, he said Edub. You're thinking Ebay. The "no smarts" part shouldn't be excluded to any single player.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Ah, my mistake. I agree she was pretty lost on defense. So was Raven, but she made up for it with some good 1-on-1 guarding once we switched to woman-to-woman (why were we playing zone against a team hitting half their threes against us anyway?).

The thing is, if we start our 5 best players, we don't have 2 posts on the floor. Earnesia is already really a SF playing PF, and if we replace her with Crystal we lose 2 more inches of height and I'm afraid other posts will have an easy time on offense, and if we replace her with Kat that fixes the height problem, but we've still got a spot-up shooting wing playing post.

11. basketsofhorns

basketsofhorns 100+ Posts

I loved it when Ashley sat on one of their heads! But as for the rest of the game, it was painful to watch anytime TEXAS had the ball. I'm a big fan, but I just couldn't take it...

Does anyone else worry that we'll look really BAD in a NCAA match up? How about WNIT? I know those are dirty letters to some coaches, but couldn't we make a splash there?

12. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

Tom, dude, I was trying to be positive. [​IMG]

It's hard to know how this team will do even if they get invited to the NCAA because it's tough to know which team will show up. The Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde personality of this group is fascinating. When I saw them in San Diego, I left with a great feeling that we'd be fine and thought that our No. 24 ranking was much too low at the time. How they have regressed to this point today is puzzling.

That said, I respond to them with mixed feelings: annoyed and frustrated after losses to Tech and Colorado. But also I see the frustration on their faces, too, and I just have to keep hoping, in the short term, that they'll figure it out.

There's still some basketball left to play ... and, unfortunately, my burnt orange glasses will never allow me to count out the Orange and White.

"For it's Texas that we love best ... "

13. jerwilliamz

jerwilliamz 25+ Posts

Brittainey broke her nose in the Ok. State game. Coach G punched her. jk. Ashley Lindsey incidental elbow.

14. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

It's a Kodak Moment!!

TxTree and I agree....CRYSTAL BOYD should start...

Everyone else mailed in their game...and the P.O. lost it.

[​IMG]

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts