Jobs Biden has cost Americans

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, May 11, 2021.

1. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

2. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

So, nobody concerned about the last administration organizing an insurrection trying to overthrow the government?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Don Lemon is powerful.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Let's remember that when it really mattered and when the government really had a chance to make a big difference, the Democratic plan was to let thousands of Chinese people fly into the United States any cough on people because they didn't want to look xenophobic and party without masks on in Chinatown. I'm not a big Trump defender and there's plenty of room to criticize his response (as there is to criticize pretty much every world leader's response), but I'm going to correct a Democrat who puts forth phony narratives and acts like their **** doesn't stink.

Yes, I was concerned and supported impeachment.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

They don't like to talk about revenues increasing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

If you have time, read this account of his Tweets up to and including Jan 6th, the day of the incursion into the White House:

A timeline of what Donald Trump said before the Capitol riot - Poynter

"Jan. 3: Trump retweeted @CodeMonkeyZ: “If you are planning to attend peaceful protests in DC on the 6th, i recommend wearing a body camera. The more video angles of that day the better.”

"“We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period.”

Now... the people who went into the building made a huge mistake and I have no sympathy for them. None. They are idiots and gave the Democrats all the ammunition they needed to wipe-out their vile behavior from the entire four years of Trump's candidacy. They gave them an out. It was so stupid.

I do not have one thing to say about the election itself. I'm not inclined to believe it was rigged. I do believe the media is fully complicit in brain-washing the American people just enough to push Biden over the top.

As for Trump, it is not my belief that he did anything to organize an insurrection. I also believe his tweets were very close to the line in terms of firing up idiots and zealots. And he pushed the "Stop the Steal" idea way too far. In the end, it is highly possible he was just wanting a crowd/mob to peacefully let everyone know that he was still a force to be reckoned with. But from a legal stand-point, and I'll defer to you @Mr. Deez on this, I just don't see that he committed a high crime or misdemeanor.

For me, I'm glad he's gone. But it's a travesty that we must now endure Biden who is the biggest front in the history of Presidents as far as I'm concerned. He is not moderate Joe. He is being swayed by the worst extremists in modern political history and it's a HUGE problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh for goodness sakes 65, I worry about the economy when it’s down regardless of the administration. And yes, I was pleased with what your nemesis did with the economy.
    Ironically when inflation was rampant while I was employed I loved it because my company raised my pay alongside inflation, every time it went up I got a raise. It was great because where I lived the cost of living wasn’t near what inflation statistics were claiming.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think he had to have said, "go out and get violent" for his acts to be impeachable, though that would have made it easier to actually charge him criminally with incitement, which was never a serious option. Ultimately, the problem is that he spent three months telling people the election was stolen without evidence. He didn't just say it incidentally. He made it the major part of his activities from Election Day until January 6 (and really up to today), and it was a lie. Furthermore, his court fillings suggest that he knew the claims were false. What's dangerous about this sort of falsehood is that if they're believed, they can easily justify violence. If the election truly had been stolen, then doesn't rioting look a lot more rational and defensible? Of course.

I know many Trump supporters try to distance themselves and Trump from the rioters. They make them out to be kooks and crazy people acting on their own, but is that a fair assessment? Prior to January 6, even if we didn't identify with them, most of us would have viewed those people as patriotic Americans. And frankly, they probably were. What really made the difference is that they bought into a load of crap from Donald Trump and acted accordingly. Well, I wouldn't jail Trump for that, but I would condemn him through the impeachment process and bar him from running again. Had he not spat out his BS, those people almost surely wouldn't have rioted.

I have no disagreement with you about Biden. He is governing terribly and is far too cozy with the left wing of his party in stark contrast with what he ran on, but none of that has any bearing on Trump's actions.

11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You're about to get a big dose of reality and it's already starting in Arizona. When that happens what will your excuses be?

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Why would I need an excuse? I'm judging things based on what's known right now. If the facts change, my opinions will change accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Fine, but you do know the team took your advice and didn't want to go the election fraud route, right? They knew it would take too long like you thought and not worth going there. To say Trump lied is nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Trump rarely told the truth about anything, starting with the bs about Obama's birthplace. He is a pathological liar and different from other politicians only by degree.

My dog doesn't pee on fireplugs. And you can believe that because I never lie and am always right. Or something

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I never advised against alleging fraud where fraud did exist.

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I could have sworn that it was you who said it was a bad idea due to time constraints.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I said that the time constraints dramatically make any prolonged election battle very difficult. However, if you have evidence of election fraud, obviously you should allege it. You don't leave your strongest case off the table.

19. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This was one of the few COVID acts that Trump deserves credit for. I'd give him a lot more credit if he wasn't concurrently downplaying the virus by dumb statements like "It'll be gone in weeks" or his Dr. Trump's Absurd COVID Remedies. Then again, it's possible that Trump was being Xenophobic AND making the right move in restricting travel. It's also true that by that time the true threat was Italy and Europe and he slow-played travel restrictions there.

In the end, virus forensics showed that COVID already had a significant foothold in the US by the time the China travel restrictions went into place.

Still, Trump deserves credit for the China travel ban regardless whether it was driven by altruistic or xenophobic reasons.

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I get that. You have to know your audience. Well, back up... just don't lie first of all. But inciting a riot seems to be spread around both parties and I think we all know it.

Trump was reckless with all his Tweets. His lies were unbelievably tossed around so easily. But the stakes are so high, so people who believe Liberals are the enemy (as I do) had to make a hard decision. I'd never have someone like Trump over to my house. But the two-party system and the agenda/lying from the Left almost justified Trump's manner. He won one election and gained 70 million some odd votes in the second which is an amazing amount of votes. Why?

Because Liberals are so.... fill in the blank. I've said it so many times.

I have no problem with condemnation of some of his rhetoric. But to bar him from running again, I have to ask what is the standard? Why doe Maxine Watters get treated like a saint by the Left? We have to have some sort of line in the sand but there's no chance of that happening.

21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

In my view, I couldn't care less about anyone insulting the Chinese government. They have so much to answer for and this virus is on them. Isn't it? I mean, if we are going to get literal, then yeah, I wasn't there, but it seems to me it came from China and their government is the biggest menace by far on the planet. But the cries of racism and Xenophobia from the left are absolutely unbelievable to me. Why take up for China? Seriously. What is the point except to make Trump look bad and that was the real story in my view.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Trump didn't organize an insurrection. His quotes prove that he was looking for a peaceful demonstration. Whoever the leaders were got carried away and made a dumb decision. The left wants to blow this up in an effort to blame Trump. I'm guessing most of those patriots are business owners, doctors, lawyers, firemen, law-abiding citizens who are tired of the country-destroying, lying leftists/democrats. Yes Trump has faults and talks too much. He wears his heart on his sleeve. But he loves this country and had this country humming until covid hit. Every ethnic group was prospering. Trump was viciously attacked from the get go. I will vote for him again if that opportunity happens.
    Overthrowing the government? Not hardly. Where were the weapons to defeat the military?
    A small group of people who got carried away and whoever struck somebody should be prosecuted.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

How so? This is where I can't follow. I can agree that the Left does and says terrible things. I can also agree that the Right should call them on it and fight back. However, I don't see how that justifies lying on our side. It doesn't counter the Left. It just damages our credibility.

First, I'm not aware of Maxine Waters ever being as effective in directly starting a riot, though I'm sure she has tried. Second, if I could bar Maxine Waters from office, I would.

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

uh oh, I think ‘fight back’ are trigger words, no?

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's hard to explain I guess. I hate liars. So it follows that I hate Trump. But if the worst of two evils is our choice then you know which I would choose. Liberals are just getting started. Their spending plans are so bad for the country that I would take a liar over another liar who wants to give away $6 Trillion or more dollars.

I guess that's how I would explain it.

Just a little evidence of what the Left wants to do:

40 acres and a mule won't cut it anymore. What the fight for reparations looks like in 2021.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Exactly. I don't know how many times Trump said in person or on Twitter that he wanted peaceful demonstrations before all of this happened. Maybe one day people will finally get it and quit blaming him for a bunch of people who did the wrong thing on their own. To think that he caused this riot is stupid as hell.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It won't matter. George Bush (the 2nd Prez from the royal family) was a classy man and he was viciously attacked from the get-go. They wanted to have him tried at The Hague and hung for war crimes. Trump's personality gave them an excuse. The facts are that Liberals are vile human beings who will never stop attacking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  29. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Then you must hate all politicians.

• Agree Agree x 1