Joe Biden Accomplishment Thread

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, May 28, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Michael McCaul R Texas ranking Rep on House Foreign Affairs is reporting there are 6 plane loads of Americans and Afghan refugees being held up at airport in Mazar.
    Hostages. Who saw that coming?

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think it has been confirmed that Americans are on board. Others are saying they are people with no visas or passports (which would likely be Afghans). But either way, if they are Americans why would the Taliban let them leave? We've shown nothing but weakness in this whole mess. They're at least going to try to hustle some money and/or weapons for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

True Deez
    They may no longer be on board. They may be in the airport or in hotels
    But they are not being allowed to leave.
    Is it because the State Dept at first refused and now the Taliban is holding them hostage?
    No one knows.

4. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

He wasn’t checking the time at the ceremony on the tarmac. He was reading his smart watch
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

upload_2021-9-6_19-6-16.png

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If the military tribunals are going after Biden (which is ridiculous on its face), I'm not sure why he'd be expanding them. He's enabling his own hanging.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They are expanding them knowing there will be a bumper crop of terrorists coming out of Afghanistan.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I hope not, but they may be true. There are consequences to stupid decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  10. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

US helped family escape Afghanistan using overland route

Anyone else see this ? It's being reporterd now that the gubmint had zilch to do with helping these people across the border. It was volunteer Vets that got them across. Yet the state dept is taking credit

I saw an interview with a woman saying the US didn't help in any way getting them across, I'll have to look it up when I have time and get back home

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Horn2
    Saw it. Correct No help from Gov't

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

13. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

X22 is citing a Washington Post article re: 9/11 event whereby Trump supporters are presumed to start a riot or some kind of event. Expect a false flag event like 1/06. We’ll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've been overwhelmingly critical of the Biden Administration. However, since this thread is about his accomplishments, this is a positive development. Of course, the devil is in the details, but overall, this is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Abbott is comparing it to Biden’s handling of Afghanistan debacle.

How did thousands of Haitians get to the Texas border? They obviously have some resources. You can’t walk from Haiti.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You never heard of that awesomeness that is the Haitian Olympic swim program?

ok, yeah...neither have I.

• Funny Funny x 6
  18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Red flags exist given the way those two countries have trampled over citizen's rights in the time of 'rona. This does NOT bode well for citizens in the States who have enjoyed living under a Constitution and having rights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  20. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Can someone remind me the last time we cared what the French thought?

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I certainly don't condone everything the UK and especially Australia have done about Covid, but anything that unifies countries in opposition to China (which respects people's rights quite a bit less) is a net positive.

Also, the UK is actually loosening up quite a bit, especially if you're in England as opposed to Scotland (which is run by a bunch of liberty-hating, authoritarian freaks). The lockdown is mostly gone and with very little chance of coming back. (The Prime Minister has lost his patience with them.) Mask mandates are greatly diminished.

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've read up a little more on this, and though I don't especially care what France thinks, I don't think we should needlessly take a piss on their face either. It looks like Australia already had a deal to buy French submarines, and we and the UK basically shoved them out of the way and never consulted them.

Why not invite France into the partnership? If they don't want to join, why not work with the Aussies anyway and let them keep the French submarines they already agreed to buy? We're in a security alliance with France itself (NATO), and they obviously use French submarines, which doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Obviously, it's nice to get the contract to supply the submarines, but I'm not sure it's worthwhile if we have to screw another country that is at least generally favorable to the US to do it. We could have this security partnership without doing that. Just looks like sloppy diplomacy all the way around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

The important thing to remember though is that since it was done by a Democrat administration, no house organ like Foreign Policy or The Economist will make a big deal of out it. While Trump forcing NATO deadbeats like German to actually pay the required amount for defense was treated as mortal threat to the very heart of the Western Alliance.

Once you realize that those house organs, and various chumps from Conservative Inc. like George Will, Bill Kristol, Jennifer Rubin, Steven Hays, David French, are just house slaves to the ruling class, you no longer care the least what they think.

Which is why I never got fired up when all the above tried to tell me over and over again from 2016 to 2020 how terrible Trump was. Their masters told them what to write and say, and they loyally did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 4
  27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2