Joe Biden Accomplishment Thread

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, May 28, 2021.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Walker is still better than Warnock.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I also wanted to add that according to a person in Lake's camp the percentage of votes remaining are off. There are more election day ballots than what's been reported still left. Who knows?

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Garm
    HOW is that possible?
    Votes cast ON election day not yet counted?

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

For some reason they're counting them last. Needless to say those will go heavy red.

5. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Lake said there is a category of votes counted last. Those who fill out a ballot and drive up to the polls to drop it off ON ELECTION DAY. Weird, but that's the deal

She was on hannity's radio show, expressed those should go 2:1 republican. You could tell in her voice she wasn't happy knowing those ballots changed hands prior to going through tabulation. Not outright saying anything but the concern was there

Fwiw, masters needs NLT 61% from here out to catch spaceman

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yep. Definitely possible for it to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I just took the name of the thread and said “kept the senate”. Considering how overly confident we were regarding a red wave, keeping the senate would be an accomplishment Biden would cherish.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I did not know about this
    "On June 15, the U.S. Department of the Treasury announced an investment of $1.25 billion in economic relief grants to support communities hit especially hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. The money will go to 863 community development financial institutions (CDFIs"
    And guess what? I know you will be shocked. This program doesn't always help the people it is supposed to.
    Idaira Chavez is just the type of car buyer that BlackRock’s new social-impact fund might have had in mind when it bought a stake in Tricolor Auto Group.

Tricolor gave Chavez, 21, a loan to buy a 2012 Kia Optima off one of its lots earlier this year. She needed the car to get to her job at a Dallas pet store after she moved to a nearby suburb.
    But Chavez says being a Tricolor customer hasn’t made her life any better: A few months after buying her car from the company in January, the vehicle stopped working and she had to quit her job.

“I got ripped off,” she says.

Dallas-based Tricolor, which gets its name from the three-toned Mexican flag, is little known outside the Spanish-speaking communities it serves in Texas and California, its biggest markets.
    Tricolor is certified under a U.S. Treasury program that gives special perks to businesses that lend to underserved communities. It’s also the only subprime auto lender cleared by a key rating firm to sell securities backed by its loans as “social bonds.
    Chu says that Tricolor helps members of underprivileged Hispanic groups avoid predatory businesses while getting them into cars they can drive to jobs. The company focuses on undocumented migrants who often have no U.S. credit history, he says.
    Used-Car Dealer Tricolor Became an ESG Favorite Amid Customer Complai…
    So we taxpayers are helping companies rip off illegals AND helping them get cars to illegally drive here.

• poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And it buys votes too. Welcome to the grift

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I thought only Trump started trade wars and that Democrats are always fair to our European allies. Link.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

>90% of criticism of Trump policy was pure, unadulterated ********. People who had deranged hatred for the man weren’t able to see the difference.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Pretty much true. However, I will say that probably the most good faith criticism of his policy came on the trade issue.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

WTF So Slojo and Demx just gave Ukraine 4.5 Billion to help with their budget deficit.
    Our budget deficit was 88 billion fiscal 2023 before Demx gave more away.
    :facepalm:

• poop poop x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Especially now after we found out he took showers with his daughter.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's laughably bad optics. Even if you don't know anything about the diary (since the media has no interest in it at all), he has a reputation for being a bit creepy because of all the pictures of him sniffing on little girls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

@Mr. Deez

Hey, so what is SCOTUS deciding on the debt forgiveness? Whether he has the power to forgive (based upon some defined criteria) or is it that PLUS ruling on whether the criteria (emergency due to COVID) is in play?

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ted Cruz questions George Kent. The Dems tried to shut Cruz down from getting answers. There is a short 40 sec Forbes lead in but the actual questioning by Cruz is as usual masterful

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I would feel sorry for this demented sad man
    BUT the freakin Demx and his heartless wife are doing this to him
    And to US

22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Biden is going to have problems come the first week of January when the Committee Chair cannot run cover for him and the crime family...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not totally sure how broad of a review they'll conduct. In the litigation, the district court dismissed the case for lack of standing (didn't reach the merits). The 8th Circuit reversed on the standing issue and granted an injunction against the government from implementing the program pending the full appeal on the merits. SCOTUS will surely address the standing issue and whether an injunction was appropriate. If they rule that the parties have standing, I think they will reach the merits.

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Cool.

I read something interesting on the internets. Apparently Trump declared an emergency due to the pandemic and it may still be in effect. We know Old Joe said the pandemic was over in an off the cuff remark. I was wondering if this technical emergency status would force SCOTUS to acknowledge it in an opinion on the merits.

I seem to recall Trump's order to ban immigration from selected countries (Somalia, Sudan etc) was over-turned because of remarks he made on the campaign trail. They ignored what he said when he made the EO. They went back in time and pulled campaign promises. So I was wondering about intent and Joe's remarks about the pandemic being over.

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

8th Circuit slaps down the Administration for trying to force hospitals and doctors to do "gender transitioning" against their religious beliefs. Link

What I find baffling is that in 2014, I learned that infant circumcision is a major controversy in the medical community, and the hospital wouldn't do it on Deez, Jr. without a medical reason. However, if I had said, "he's a bit feminine for a baby. Let's cut off his whole junk and cut him a fake vagina," they would have commended me for being sensitive to his femininity.

• poop poop x 1
  27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Poop the message, not messager.

• Like Like x 1
  28. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

PTMNTM?

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

30. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Just read this. Correct. Trump has several E.O. still in effect.
    EO 13848 Election interference from a foreign gov related. Established 9/2018
    EO 13919 Covid related. Established 3/2020 I believe.