John Mackovic Redux just found new work (link)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HuskerNKingwood, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Of course, by John Mackovic redux, I mean someone named Callahan. The Jets must be REALLY desperate.

I do not understand how he's found work so soon...uh, actually yes I do. It's a good marriage. The Jets are desperate to win again, and Callahan is desperate to have a job. So it's a good fit.

I understand this has NOTHING to do with the Horns, but as a Husker fan I just felt I had to throw this out there.
    The Link

2. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Nah man, it's cool. I like keeping up with what goes on in football, generally.

3. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

Was it just me, or did anyone else think this thread would be about Fran when reading the title? Have to admit I was almost disappointed.

4. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

Honestly, I was expecting Fran as well.

5. UTmainman

UTmainman 100+ Posts

I really don't think Callahan was "desperate" for a job. He's been out of work for what, one month? Unless he's financially irresponsible, he could have easily retired at this point. 31 years coaching? I'll bet hes got some cashed saved up.

6. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

actually, I think this is an OK hire- callahan, like Mackovic, was a really good OC.

7. The Bigdawg

The Bigdawg < 25 Posts

The man is a very good NFL coach, not a college coach

8. UTmainman

UTmainman 100+ Posts

10. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Well, he did take a position coach, not an OC or head coach, so I wouldn't exactly call it a Macovic Redux.