John McCain

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mojo17, Sep 3, 2013.

1. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Just watched the man on Fox news and he is calling for action now in Syria. I am a conservative but I have had enough of this man and others like him. He is a perfect example of why we need term limits. Please people of Arizona do not reelect this man. Don't let his type get us involved in another useless war.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

McCain epitomizes most everything wrong with the Republican party today.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

I don't mind the wars. I do mind not raising the taxes to pay for them.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

A poll on Drudge today has nearly 93% saying No to BO on Syria

some retired army guy yesterday said there was an old military maxim that when your enemies are killing each other you stay the hell out of their way.
    Mccain saying the 'rebels' are our friends and are moderate muslims show how senile he is.

The world's reasonable people decry the horror being done to the civilians, of course as we all do every atrocity all over the world.
    WE must stay out of this and stick with the Brits
    France wants to, let them

5. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

McCain is more than a RINO. He's a fully fledged dem as far as I'm concerned.

6. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

McCain politics bother me as well. He said that he would vote against attacking Assad unless Obama provides a clear mission and strategy and goal. Obviously he wants Obama to take the heat for any problems with the war. I understand the politics, but if McCain is so gung-ho about going to war then he should vote for it. Of course, it is a moot point because with such a large disapproval rating for war, there is no way enough politicians are going to risk their careers by giving Obama the go ahead. .

7. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

This is why I'm about to vote third party from now on. The GOP doesn't care what the voters want.

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

McCain is not a hero either. He's more of a ****** soldier whose poor skills and luck caught up with him and was sadly a POW. He did not have what it took to be a pilot but daddy ensured he got to go to and pass school for it. He was dangerous and sketchy on duty and eventually it caught up with him. He went down and then had to endure what he did which is tragic for anybody. But, he did what he could to make it happen without even trying.

The guy makes me, a soldier, sick every time he's referred to as a war hero. He loves him some him.

9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

In reply to:

10. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So far there has been NO verifiable proof the assad regime did use gas.
    The unclassified USA report that BO was relying on is mostly opinion and "high confidence" Not exactly verifiable
    and full of second and third hand reports" with no supporting docs.
    Even the Doctors without Borders report only contained second hand reports.

Without real proof we should NOT let BO send even a sparkler in.

BO says he is worried if we don't do something this will embolden Iran.
    Really?
    Who that is breathing thinks iran needs any emboldening? Iran has announced over and over they will develop nukes if they want to

BTW Assad is also calling for proof. If we have it let's give it to him and the world.

12. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I can easily see Obama getting the go ahead from Congress, then changing his mind not to attack. He would blame the GOP for being too hawkish, while at the same time telling his constituants that he prevented another war. This guy is quite a tool.

13. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Agreed that verifiable proof is required. Isn't the UN report going to take a few weeks? Will that say anything other than "yes, chemical weapons were used but we don't know by whom"?

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

msdw,

I have voted Republican for well over 30 years, with a few exceptions, like writing in Thomas Jefferson, Harry Truman, Andrew Jackson rather than vote for Kay Bailey Hutchinson or John Cornyn. I truly don't know how you can say that the Republican Party doesn't care what the people want or think. First, they would have to know what the public wants or thinks. They have been out of touch for well over 20 years and show no signs of trying to find out. in the immediate future.

For me, the Republican Party officially died when George HW Bush screwed Phil Gramm. I don't know how any Aggie with half a brain can walk into that library and not throw up. Add the derailment he threw on JC Watts, and I have little use for the party other than it is an alternative to what's left of the Democrat Party.

FWIW, I voted for "HW" and gave money to his campaign.

15. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Which is worst for humanity to endure...

World full of cockroaches that won't go out of existence.
    Imagine them everywhere, all the time, sly and crafty and able to avoid getting stomped out no matter how fast and fierce you go after them.

World full of 105 degree / 90 percent humidity.
    Where the worst days in Houston is life 40 weeks out of the year. Where it stays in the low 90s well past 11 pm at night and your garage even insulated is like an oven when you walk into it.

World full of politicians.
    Long-term effects of political power virus.

I think I could learn to live with the humidity.

What the US is faced with on the current debate and process over Syria... is as bad as a runaway population of roaches in 105 degree 90 percent humidity. We have to listen to the crock of **** daily and it just won't go away and get the hell out of our lives.

Recommended reading for today: Wall Street Journal opinion piece by Kim Strassel, "The Politics Of the Obama Delay on Syria," p. A15. Look it up online or read it in print -- may demand a digital subscription online.

We're all being played. HAVE all BEEN played. Political power infects up and down, sidways, inside, outside, every possible direction.

Just something we have to live with. Like roaches. And humidity.

16. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

17. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

18. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

John McCain doesn't represent the Republican Party and hasn't for a long time. Please don't lump them together. There are crappy Dems - Sheila Jackson Lee, anyone?- as well as crappy Repubs. Term limits would cure a lot of this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

20. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

a sampling of a random 1,000 people nationwide is far more accurate

statistics is not just for breakfast

21. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

McCain was caught on camera playing video poker on his cell phone during the congressional meeting about Syria.

22. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Polling 1000 people and saying they represent everyone else is idiotic.

Most people I know, at least 90%, Conservative, Liberal, Gay, Straight, Black, White...... are against going into Syria. How about those statistics?

23. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

McCain has not been the same since he was ***** slapped by W in the primaries. He has become the political equivilent of a Las Vegas "lounge act". Never gonna make it to the "big room".

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That leaves me speechless and worried even more abut our politicians.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

This topic or post about John McCain started Sept 2013. It's 2017 and I still can't stand the man. I'll be happy once he's out of politics. Although he served his country well when he was in the military, he's been nothing good for our country In politics.

• Like Like x 2