Johnny Football Rolling

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Rayug, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Rayug

Rayug 100+ Posts

Why would Manziel be rolling a twenty (I think) in the bathroom?

[​IMG]

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

If you ain't rolln 20's and floatn swans, you ain't livn life to the fullest.

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Is that a cocktail of some sort? What kind of a party is going on in this bathroom if that is what it is? I guess they are going to squeeze.

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Maybe he is about to kindly tip the restroom attendant for the mint, cologne and towel he handed him [​IMG]

5. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

f you wanna hang out you've got to take her out,
    If you wanna get down, down on the ground,

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

That could be the restroom in a gay bar and there's a guy on his knees that's not in the picture.

7. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Third Coast that is some funny ****, Johnny football it seems is just trying to go back to aggyland. [​IMG]

8. WorsterMan

OK, I thought of another reason:

"Why would Manziel be rolling a twenty (I think) in the bathroom?"

Personally, I don't give a rat's-*** how this all turns out for JM, but this is possibly a NFL rookie (or non-rookie) train-wreck in the making. IMO JM will continue to show arrogance, some level of immaturity while ignoring his risk taking. I suspect he will continue to flaunt his draft status & obscene $ signing bonus. He will also continue to party, flaunt & taunt his living large status to the Brown's fans, the social media and the sports media.

Bottom line: JM has to prove himself on the field - we will see.

Stay tuned....[​IMG]

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

As much as I find it funny to pile on this unfolding train wreck, some guys thrive doing this type of stuff. Party hard, play hard.

He was pretty successful at A&M doing the same and we'll see in the pro's. His "I don't give a **** because I'm good enough" attitude will cause him to ignore media while working hard to prove it on the field.

The one thing I see as his saving grace is I haven't seen him going VY on the establishment (not to be confused with the media). He seems to respect the game, but then again he hasn't been benched yet for a ****** game.

We'll see.

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I actually think Manziel will do well on the field in the NFL. It's what happens off of it that could be his downfall.

11. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

If Manziel's signing bonus is obscene, I can't imagine what you'd call the others.

1 Jadeveon Clowney DE Houston Texans Signed 4 years, $22.272M fully guaranteed; $14.518M signing bonus

2 Greg Robinson OT St. Louis Rams Signed 4 years

3 Blake Bortles QB Jacksonville Jaguars Signed 4 years, $20.6M fully guaranteed

4 Sammy Watkins WR Buffalo Bills Signed 4 years, $19.94M fully guaranteed; $12.8M signing bonus

5 Khalil Mack OLB Oakland Raiders Signed 4 years, $18.67M fully guaranteed; $11.90M signing bonus

6 Jake Matthews OT Atlanta Falcons Signed 4 years, $16.43M fully guaranteed; $10.27M signing bonus

7 Mike Evans WR Tampa Bay Buccaneers Signed 4 years, $14.6M fully guaranteed; $8.96M signing bonus

8 Justin Gilbert CB Cleveland Browns Unsigned

9 Anthony Barr OLB Minnesota Vikings Signed 4 years, $12.74M fully guaranteed; $7.58M signing bonus

10 Eric Ebron TE Detroit Lions Signed

11 Taylor Lewan OT Tennessee Titans Unsigned

12 Odell Beckham WR New York Giants Signed 4 years, $10.40M fully guaranteed; $5.89M signing bonus

13 Aaron Donald DT St. Louis Rams Signed 4 years

14 Kyle Fuller CB Chicago Bears Signed 4 years, $9.68M fully guaranteed; $5.37M signing bonus

15 Ryan Shazier OLB Pittsburgh Steelers Signed 4 years, $9.507M fully guaranteed; $5.234M signing bonus

16 Zack Martin OT Dallas Cowboys Signed 4 years, $8.7M; $4.8M signing bonus

17 C.J. Mosley ILB Baltimore Ravens Signed 4 years, $8.78M fully guaranteed; $4.71M signing bonus

18 Calvin Pryor FS New York Jets Signed 4 years, $8.5M fully guaranteed; $4.55M signing bonus

19 Ja'Wuan James OT Miami Dolphins Signed 4 years, $8.4M fully guaranteed; $4.45M signing bonus

20 Brandin Cooks WR New Orleans Saints Signed 4 years, $8.38M, $7.60M guaranteed; $4.41M signing bonus

21 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix FS Green Bay Packers Signed 4 years, $8.33M, $7.55M guaranteed; $4.38M signing bonus

22 Johnny Manziel QB Cleveland Browns Signed 4 years, $8.3M, approx. $7.802M guaranteed; $4.3M signing bonus

23 Dee Ford DE Kansas City Chiefs Signed 4 years, $8.15M, $6.63M guaranteed; $4.25M signing bonus

24 Darqueze Dennard CB Cincinnati Bengals Signed 4 years, no details yet

25 Jason Verrett CB San Diego Chargers Signed 4 years, $7.88M, $6.39M guaranteed; $4.05M signing bonus

26 Marcus Smith OLB Philadelphia Eagles Signed 4 years, $7.80M; $3.99M signing bonus

27 Deone Bucannon SS Arizona Cardinals Signed 4 years, $7.71M, $6.24M guaranteed

28 Kelvin Benjamin WR Carolina Panthers Signed 4 years, $7.664M, $6.199M guaranteed, $3.894 signing bonus

29 Dominique Easley DT New England Patriots Signed 4 years, $7.3M, $5.89M guaranteed; $3.63M signing bonus

30 Jimmie Ward SS San Francisco 49ers Signed 4 years, $7.11M, $5.72M guaranteed; $3.49M signing bonus

31 Bradley Roby CB Denver Broncos Signed 4 years, $6.95M; $3.376 signing bonus

32 Teddy Bridgewater QB Minnesota Vikings Signed 4 years, $6.84M, $4.49M guaranteed; $3.30M signing bonus

12. everette

everette 250+ Posts

As I recall, Bobby Layne was quite the partier. Not that I was there.

13. WorsterMan

My context was his signing bonus is "obscene" to the average working person who will work a lifetime and not make anything close to his bonus. Of course there are others in sports that have made far more obscene bonuses than JM.

14. Rayug

Rayug 100+ Posts

Before my time and before social media, but from what I have heard and read, Joe Namath was one NFL QB that had a similar lifestyle?

15. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

^^^

In pantyhose, no less. Do we think his toes curled every time...?

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The real question here is why is some dude pulling out his cell phone in the men's restroom? That's one of the 3 worst things to whip out in the middle of a public restroom.

17. bub

bub 100+ Posts

Wish he would just catch on fire and disappear.

18. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Let's roll. [​IMG]

19. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

It's like the Crash Davis quote..."Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."

The point is Manziel runs around (currently as a back-up to a scrub no less) acting like he's God's gift to the NFL and above the rules of even his own organization. And he still hasn't shown jack **** against pro defenses and the speed/strength of defensive players on this level.

That's why people despise this little prick. Other QB's may have been flamboyant and wild in the spotlight, yet they'd shown to be quality pro players and earned pro respect. I guess JF didn't hear the stories of NFL defenders hammering Cam Newton. Guy was pounded half to death in his 2nd year after acting like an arrogant prick towards vets in the league. And Cam has a big frame to absorb some of that. If they unload on Manziel like that...JF will be scrambled eggs.

20. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

Not to diverge, but Joe Namath wasn't all that great. He threw more interceptions than touchdowns in 11 of his 13 seasons in pro football.

His teams only played in the playoffs two years (68, 69).

To borrow a Texas phrase, all hat and no cattle.

21. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

For the record, Joe Namath had an excellent college career including a national championship at Alabama.

He also won a Super Bowl after boldly predicting such an outcome over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts which many considered one of the greatest teams of all time at that time.

He also is in the NFL Hall of Fame.

So he has some cattle under that party hat.

For those that saw him play, he was an exciting QB. Injuries slowed him down at times during his career.

Broadway Joe's partying was almost as well notorious as his playing. No telling how good (or bad) he would have been had he toned down his lifestyle.

If Manziel has half the career that Namath had, he will have been quite a success.

22. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

23. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

If he had played anywhere except New York he would have been as famous as Mack Rathburn.

He was a mouthy jerk who cried when the NFL told him he could not own a nightclub where gamblers hung out

A nd his moment of glory came with a game in which the other team's star quarterback could not start because of a busted wing.

And Namath's offense scored one touchdown in that game.

The Jets' defense won it, not that ahole

24. Arbfarkle

Arbfarkle 250+ Posts

Remember Joe signed for a record 400k right after the Orange Bowl. That is a lot of money. I mean what if that became the norm? Could the pro football leagues survive?
    If I remember Donny Anderson signed for 600K the next year.