Josh Moore and Steve Sarkisian heated at practice

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Statalyzer, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Getting conflicting reports on whether this was just a normal deal where somebody loses their cool and then calms down later, or if Moore stormed off and emptied his locker. These are the first two things I saw:

Then I saw this on another site but it wasn't attributed so I have no idea where this came from. Couldn't find it anywhere else:

So I don't know what to believe. Obviously he blew it several times against Baylor and has been very inconsistent, but we are thin at WR and he's pretty good when he's good. Hopefully it was just some frustration and then a mutual understanding after all, but if he really did walk out on the team and pack his bags, it's probably addition by subtraction in the long run if Sark is to re-build the culture around here we used to have.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I like the passion, both by Sark and Moore. Everyone should be on edge. After all, we just lost three games that we could have won. The more raw emotion the better. It’s about time.

Pissed off players and coaches can equal something different on the field.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I bet it is the latter. The former was passed along to generate clicks.

I would be more surprised if something like this didn’t happen this week in practice.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I got the real scoop. Sark was telling the players that a lot of folks on Horns fans were calling them a bunch of losers.

Seriously, I bet Sark was saying how many more games you guys want to lose this year because what I am seeing today in practice reeks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

They need to be pissed off at the right things though, and channel it in the right way.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

This^^^^^
    resonates with me so much in regards to our program the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Jokes aside, fans saying the players were losers...okay.

Well, I don't care who you are. Who around here thinks it is okay for a player to "get into it" with the head coach? Is that acceptable? That is the very reason Texas keeps losing. Instead of being coached, they are busy reading Horn Fans and arguing with the coach.

I say, GTHO. Hit the portal. Bye. Who needs them? Now, I see what Sark is up against.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Especially a player who dropped two passes (a clear touchdown and the other resulting in a pick) and fumbled. I would come to practice completely embarrassed and looking to prove myself after errors that cannot be reversed. The lack of humility is unacceptable.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. horninchicago

To add to this. A certain word triggers some people around here. What is a better word to describe this crap behavior and attitude from this guy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Not trying to be flip, maybe Sarkisian told him he wasn't going to start on Saturday.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

This was an issue Herman had, kids would quit and he would beg them to stay. Cancer Culture. If the happened, hope to hear he's no longer on the team.

Also, times have changed. These are no longer scholarship only players. They are basically employees now paid for performance.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

Hopefully Moore will make up for the mistakes he made just like Worthy did. If getting pissed about it helps in that regard then it's all good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. horninchicago

Yep, get pissed at himself, not the head coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

No Sark press conference on TexasSports.com so far. Usually the link is up already.

15. Sangre Naranjada

That depends entirely on exactly what happened, how it happened, and its ultimate conclusion. None of us knows exactly what happened, what was said, why it was said, or how it concluded. So any thinking person would answer your questions with "I have no idea".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. horninchicago

I'll have to disagree and say that the protocol is it doesn't matter what a player thinks, you don't get in heated arguments with the head coach. Period.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Sangre Naranjada

I say you are right when it happens openly in practice. A man to man discussion/clash behind closed doors is another matter, but since this happened during practice it is definitely a strike against Moore.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. horninchicago

Now I can agree with that. Probably had players having discussions behind closed doors even with DKR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

ME team = LOSSES!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

In my opinion Moore is no Worthy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

If you remember he was one of the woke players. Adios and take your attitude with you.

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

THERE IS NO "I" IN TEAM

[​IMG]

a phrase heard so many times in sports, it's in our collective consciousness.

23. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

There is a "me" however. Just sayin...

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

There is also meat.

25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

WRs were the one group Sark really down-talked from pre-season practice through the present.

Kai Money was sure-handed last year. Maybe he doesn't have the raw athleticism this staff is looking for, but I think he could contribute.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

But there is in win...

Michael Jordan

27. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Here's a story from SBNATION about the fight during practice Wednesday:

"Reports: Texas WR Joshua Moore had altercation with Steve Sarkisian during Wednesday’s practice"

"Texas Longhorns junior wide receiver Joshua Moore was involved in an altercation with head coach Steve Sarkisian and other members of the coaching during Wednesday’s practice, according to reports from Orangebloods and Horns247.

"So Moore’s status for Saturday’s game in Ames against Iowa State and for the remainder of the season is now in question. More information on the developing story could emerge when Sarkisian has a weekly media availability on Thursday morning.

"Moore’s frustration bubbling over comes days after he scored the opening touchdown against Baylor, but then fumbled, dropped a touchdown pass, and had a pass go off his hands that resulted in an interception.

"The third-leading receiver for the Longhorns, Moore has been inconsistent this season with 22 catches for 233 yards and three touchdowns — he had four catches for 70 yards and two touchdowns against Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl and five catches for 64 yards and a touchdown against Baylor, but hasn’t had more than 24 receiving yards in any of the other six games. Against Arkansas in Fayetteville, Moore did not record a catch.

"He’s also had disciplinary issues in the past — in 2019, he was suspended for the season after an arrest on a gun charge in downtown Austin.

"After recruiting misses and injuries to junior Jordan Whittington (clavicle) and redshirt freshman Troy Omeire (knee), the Longhorns lack quality depth at the wide receiver position. Freshman Xavier Worthy is an emerging star, but the next-leading wide receiver is junior Marcus Washington with 11 catches for 153 yards.

"The official backup to Moore is freshman Casey Cain, who has not made a catch yet for the Longhorns. More likely to play against Iowa State, if necessary, are players like redshirt freshman Kelvontay Dixon, junior Al’Vonte Woodard, and junior Kai Money."

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Something was said and Sark said to drop it...Moore said no problem, can do...I drop so much other stuff.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Hot Hot x 2