JOSHUA EATON DECOMMITTING

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Oct 25, 2019.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Is this what it feels like to be aggy?

I don't like it one bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RainH2burntO

What's bad is looks like these guys are eyeing teams we've list to recently, with Sheppard maybe an exception .
    Eating looking OU?? Now we are losing dbs to the defense we were making fun of a year ago?!? And Princely looking #geauxcats

4. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

It's my understanding that being aggy feels even worse...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Win games and flex some defensive muscle and the situation should stabilize. No one wants to be associated with a struggling defense...and we’re definitely struggling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

People were making fun of me last week when I called for TOs firing. Well, this is the result and as was said, we better fix this and fix it now. You can excuse freshman mistakes and a few blown coverages. That can't get fixed short of experience. You can't excuse piss poor tackling and a scheme that leaves little chance for success. Both players and coaches need to step up to fix the latter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It's interesting because many around here seem to think the defense is just suffering from some injuries. What do these commits know that we don't? If it's just injuries and the defense is okay, why are they decommitting?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. RainH2burntO

This^^^^

• Like Like x 1
  9. RainH2burntO

Though my gut tells me these are just want-it-easy frontrunners who thought we might be elite, dont think we are, and want to go somewhere they think they can go 12-0, be a star, and grab an easy ride to the top. That's their generation, so I wouldn't overthink it. It's a want-it-now generation.

• Like Like x 2
  10. horninchicago

A good possibility as well, or are being fed misinformation. Who knows...

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This decommitment has been on a slow boil for 4-6 weeks. Likely unrelated to the OU and Kansas games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. horninchicago

Ongoing taint? Not good.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Last week could have been the trigger but I was afraid he was gone weeks ago. Same thing happened with Mookie - writing was on the wall.

14. RainH2burntO

Well he has 5 new CBS to OU, so.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Curious whether they are actually digging a little and realizing, like with some schools that have had strings of O-Line injuries, that it is the technique being coached that is contributing SUBSTANTIALLY to the injuries.

While I will concede that the current generation seems to be a bunch of soft want-it-now pansies, they are ALSO not going to risk injury if the coaching is a factor...

• Hot Hot x 1
  16. horninchicago

Hmmm, technique you say? Someone ought to start a thread about that. :cool:

17. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Recruit early and you get some decommits. Sometimes, they are from folks getting the cold shoulder from our staff. I don't know the details and I thought these were some fine prospects. But I think all the bedwetting over perceived lack of defensive expertise at Texas is pretty much confined to the message boards. I watched the Kansas game and saw their offense come up with some remarkable throws and catches. The Jayhawks were loose and I can't speak for how good they were on other weeks, but they made some fingertip catches in tight coverage last week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

f**k em.

Seems to me a faltering defense would give a talented recruit the opportunity to step right in and shine.
    Keep winning.
    Keep recruiting.
    It'll all work out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Yes, I agree ^^^^^
    Keep winning
    Keep recruiting
    A 4 man front and better utilizing our LB's would help. Keeping pressure off the secondary. If we go 10-2 and play in the CCG. This will be a speedbump. Maybe even some of these decommits will later regret their decisions. OF course they will never be able to admit it publicly. But worrying about these 18 year old's decisions is, well, kind of a waste of time. This Shephard kid looked like a pre Madonna type based on the tweets I saw. I know nothing about Eaton. I expect a better defensive performance Saturday. Hoping Sterns and Green are back. Not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Agree, if we can get a W this weekend, I feel good about running the table with all the bodies returning after the bye week. Would be nice to play OU again with a healthy D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Depends on why its faltering.....

22. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

They were last in the Big12 in offense. Not sure anything more needs to be said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Wadster, just a little ribbing that’s all...just think it’s premature to fire anyone right now. Get thru the season n c who wants to be at Texas and move on. We’re just not used to what everyone else that’s winning deals with...this recruit leaves bama goes here, leaves Florida goes there, etc....

24. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yet they scored over 50 on Boston College.
    A respectable team.

25. RainH2burntO

I'll say this about Kansas...they took some TH comments out of context and used it as bulletin board material. They were focused and fired up to play us. Les had them believing we really thought nothing of them, and I do not think that was true.
    These things do matter. There's alot more to football than jocks and Joe's xs and os.
    The mental aspect of the game has been a struggle for whatever reason at UT going back to Charlie . We looked like we lost that coming in to LSU and OU IMHO in contrast to where we won it in the RRR and Sugar Bowl last year. It is the mark of a team and program still trying to learn how to be great instead of just good. Good teams sometimes barely beat motivated bad or average teams. And right or wrong, there is no doubt in my mind all the injuries, and now waffling or exiting players. has affected the mentality of the players come game days...in addition to the usual struggle of getting over that good to great hump.
    I believe one of the biggest differences between our program and OUs right now is they possess a more consistent and convincing confidence we do not.

26. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Anyone hear about the rumor of Herman arguing with a player and saying something that caused players to be disgruntled ? A relative of mine brought the rumor to my attention. If its true it could be why we have waffling or exiting recruits/players at this time. Don't want to mention specifics here if it is not true. Just wondering if anyone heard about it, and know whether it is true or just a rumor.

27. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

their offense has always been solid. The 3-3-5 defense killed them for a while, but their offense was dynamic enough to win conference titles. Now they have faith in their defense, as it is sound and fundamental. Our problem is the same as their's was. The 3-3-5 base defense is crap. It has its place, but sucks as a base defense.

28. RainH2burntO

This, too. What concerns me is the self-fulfilling nature of this. One leads to the other. We are still trying to figure out who we are. They believe they are an elite program who have a dynamic, potent offense, is going to the playoffs every year, and now have a solid defense. Not sure what our guys currently believe.

29. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

You know if you held every coach responsible for something said in the heat of the moment, no coaches would have a job.

30. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

So you saying its true ? or what ? Naturally everyone says things in the heat of the moment, but a lot depends on what is said and to whom.....