July 1 Cutoff date for Football - ugh

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Handler, Mar 23, 2020.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Waaay west mall, BOLH, so....

2. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

You.want to live your life scared of your own shadow be my guest. I choose otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Never said I was scared.
    Just said you were wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

And I don't think most people are scared.
    It's called living in a society and giving a **** about your neighbors and family.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I show concern for my community by adhering to the "stay home" guidelines. Like everyone else I have to go to the grocery store every now and then. That and visiting my immediate family is all I do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

75 days or less, will hit 40K this weekend.

In a longer period of time we could compare to the other causes of death that we solutions for to keep the death rates low.

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Lol, everyone that came over to my house got the chicken pox and will never get it as an adult. End of Story. Everyone who was given that weaker version of Small pox got it, and got better and never got small pox again. End of story.

If you can't see the parallels, I can't help you. The whole point is give someone a transfusion with the antibodies and let them get the virus and they should defeat it and be immune for life, or until this thing mutates. Not only will this work, but eradicate it just like other diseases we once feared. When was the last time you saw a leper running around.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I'm basically saying, keep those most susceptible to death in quarantine, isolated from those who are sick or might be carriers. Then let the young strong get it and get over it. The key is a healthy community of young people with the antibodies in their system that can then help the older ones get over it not if they get it, but when. Harvest the antibodies, and use them as a treatment for the weaker among us.

Right now we are just hiding from it like scared rabbits. That is not going to do anything but destroy everything we as a country have built. It is not a sustainable plan. The sooner we get everyone back to work the sooner we will start getting sick and getting over this thing.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The virus and the antibody studies will tell us how slow or fast to open up the economy. I suspect it will be mid-May before there is enough data to make a more informed decision.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Can I make a suggestion please?
    Obviously this whole CCP virus has become highly politicized, unfortunately... just like everything else in our society.
    I know it will be hard since this thread is related to the virus' timeline, but could we all just chill with the politically-oriented comments and constant infighting and pecking at each other? I, for one, am getting tired of the constant bickering, CV related or not...and find myself coming here less and less. We are going to be so busy fighting amongst ourselves and look up one day and not having football will be the least of our worries ..we won't have a country..or at least one worth having.
    What do you all say we put our (not as important as you might think) "political" views aside and try to love one another and each contribute to an environment we can all enjoy...and maybe even have some fun?? There are plenty of other forums and avenues available (too many) to debate politics, policy, and semantics.
    I'm proposing a 3F policy. Keep it simple here...
    Football Fun Fellowship

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Some are finding results that differ from your opinion.
    Herd immunity nay not be happening with particular virus.
    WHO unsure antibodies protect against COVID, little sign of herd immunity

12. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yea, we've never had any contentious, argumentative and opinion oriented threads on this forum before. Before this virus it was always sunshine and flowers here. :)
    Maybe we should create a virus thread and import the last page or so of this one over there.
    Or add "Virus related" to the title of this one.
    Then you can choose to visit the thread or not.

13. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

All the political stuff, opinions are on West Mall Dion said keep those topics on West Mall. I’m going to obey him. Corona Virus is the most popular thread on West Mall right now. Dion’s been fantastic to us. So let’s treat him right and not give him anything more to worry about. This whole thing will become one big meme, joke or whatever some day! Unfortunately, I think it effects seniors differently than middle age, and young adults/adolescents have a different impact as well. All are serious issues but it effects us differently..........stages of life. The source of some of our more contentious moments are stage of life not political. Maybe both mixed together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

It may affect me differently being in the older group but they better not start football season with me put in quarantine. Just my opinion.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Lol, the WHO has lost all credibility. I no more trust them than I trust Putin or the CCP.

If there is no herd immunity then it's probably time for the strong to disassociate itself from the weak. The herd doesn't let the weak set the pace for the strong, they keep up or are lost. Keep in mind, I am 52, so I'm probably part of the weak as are my parents. So I take no pleasure in saying this, but destroying the worlds economy to protect old fat people with health issues is not the way to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I agree with you Austin Bill but if Nash Horn wants to go to a horns game, by gosh let him!!

Now that we’ve cleared up herd immunity and we all agree, someone get Fauchi, Birx, and VP Pence on the phone so we can announce football season is starting on time this year!!

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We should let young people go and anyone with immunity. Everyone else can stay home and watch football. Games should be shown Mon-Saturday. Maybe one conference per day. That way, people who stay home get an award. Best plan ever. Make it happen.

18. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Got a better plan. To attend football game, you must be tested for antibodies. If you have them, then you have to donate blood serum.

20. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

and since the big donors plan to shell out hundreds of millions for the community, if you do both, you get in for $10.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Do not see any games this fall as teams will not be together before then. Hopefully spring scheduling will be possible but a lot of things will have to happen before then including testing and a vaccine. Big ifs. Also the early states "opening for business" prematurely could result in a second spike that makes matters even worse than now.

Trust the epidemiologists and doctors, not the ambitious career politicians nor the ignorant lunatic fringe.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  23. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

BS, start the season.

• Winner Winner x 2
  24. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

social distance, mofos!

25. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

If we don't get the economy rolling again there will be nothing to come back to. You think it was bad with the toilet paper shortage...Wait until there is a food shortage, or millions out of work and resorting to crime to try to feed their families. Life will be hell if we don't get things going soon. It will be much worse than the great depression. Scare tactic ???? Wait until you and your little children have to go to bed hungry, not knowing where your next meal is coming from like so many back in the day. We must open up NOW even if it means a few deaths. Yes...its sounds cruel, but thats life. I have already experienced losing someone I knew to this virus, but I understand life must go on. We must get going again...and sooner than later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

you know you can get most of the "economy rolling again" from 6 feet away or with masks on?

27. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Anybody wants to fly into Newark to play Rutgers?
    Of course-If they play-some football players will die from it.
    Schools should make them sign blood oath waivers and let the people who want to play -play.
    Those who don’t wanna play -fine.
    Maybe walk ons will start.
    Shoot Wyoming could win the national championship!

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Shocking that people don't recognize that Texas STILL has fewer than a thousand deaths (actually, less than 700 as of today's update) and that nearly half of those who tested as a presumptive positive are now recorded as "RECOVERED." And, further, that for the substantial majority of people, this is an inconvenience if contracted...it is NOT life-threatening.

Open the gates and I will be there...PLAY BALL!

29. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

It is doubtful that the Longhorns will be playing football without the Univ of Texas reopened for classes.

30. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1