JUMBOTRON

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by mchammer, Sep 22, 2019.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

A few observations and recommendations about the monstrosity called the Jumbotron:

- at start of game, volume was at a respectable level
    - by 4th quarter it was hurting my ears.
    - UT needs a system to determine when the band plays and when the Jumbotron takes decibel preference. I have a suggestion:
    1) when players are on the field, only the band and the cheerleaders can be heard
    2) during TV timeouts, of which they are plenty, the Jumbotron takes preference.
    - I think the above makes most sense. Right now it’s a weird mix that I can’t anticipate and mentally prepare for.
    - as a side note, I noticed more Texas Fight! cheers this game and less Jumbotron. Not surprisingly, defense played better at “bend not break”.
    - there were weird moments like make an emoji face when the team needed a key defensive stop. This shat needs to end.

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I too was glad to hear Texas Fight which did NOT happen during last game.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

For the third game in a row, the referee's explanation of reviewed plays could not be heard because the jumbotron was playing some **** that management wanted broadcast in Waco.

If anyone knows who is in charge of the jumbotron, I shall be pleased to buy him lunch, BUT my rules,

1) sit your *** down for 90 minutes

2) Idiot cannot speak unless I tell him to, and then he says what I tell him to say

3) When I tell to leave, he gets a 30 minute head start, but I'm sure he will use Uber because he's too ******* dumb to drive or find his way home.

:deadhorse:

• Hot Hot x 2
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Is Jumbotron the Mfg's name for it? First time I heard the term was for the one at DKR

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think the manufacturer is actually "Obnoxious Inc"

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. pluckeye

pluckeye 250+ Posts

Yeah, at one point in the 2nd half I literally held my ears, near the 50, upper deck, close to the front. I remember thinking to myself, "this is going to keep me from coming to games/stop donating, if they don't change it..."

Not a blue hair. Mid 50's dude, quite active, in shape, etc.....

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Like I have said before, if I want an NBA experience I will go to an NBA Arena. This is a total failure on UT athletics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It was called Godzillatron here when it was built, and people on here loved it. The love is gone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yea HiC
    I forgot that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I love the replays, the fan cam, the aerial view of the band, BUT
    they have turned it into a commercial embarrassment that would shame Oscar Snowden, Willie Kocerek (sp) and Jim Adler, not to mention the **** being spewed out of it.

• Hot Hot x 1
  11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

For the past three years, maybe longer, I have my ear bud with radio play by play in one ear and a foam ear protector in the other. It irritated wife when I have to pull one out to hear her but I cannot take the noise from the NEZ.
    I’d also like to know why such a delay for radio play by play. I listened to the Rice radio at NRG and it did NOT have the delay. May have to quit listening anyway if Craig doesn’t get a bit more objective. I love his enthusiasm but man, sometimes it doesn’t look like the same game with his calls.

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

In the Century Club ((???). you cannot hear the PA announcer, which may be done on purpose because the people in there are not rasslin fans. It is the radio broadcast with Way on delay. Very irritating.