Just do it now and don't let the unfathomable happen!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by SAMMCHornfan, Nov 19, 2016.

1. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

Why even let Charlie hang around for the last game. TCU is beatable. Then win a meaningless bowl game and the administration decides he deserves another year? Oh yeah, I could see that happening. Please just let him go now!

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Dude, we lost to Kansas. It's gonna happen.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

Well, quite different scenario, but I just look back to LSU last year. Plus, so many people seem to want to have this "good guy" pity party with Charlie.

4. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

The last time Charlie did that was in 2010.

5. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Never happen.

Try asking season tix holders to pony up thousands again after 7-6, losing to 2-10 KU, and only ONE win over a team with a winning record (7-5 Baylor).

That ugly 7-6 wouldn't qualify for a typical, enabler excusable performance for Strong.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Brad, don't sell KU short. They were 1-9 and are now 2-9. Big difference, you know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Sam... CS is done, win or lose vs. TCU, bowl game or not he is gone immediately following the game with the frogs.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  8. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

KU is 100% improved and we almost beat them on the road = PROGRESS!

• Like Like x 3
  9. horninchicago

As I posted in the game thread, you don't just walk into Lawrence and push around the Jayhawks. Yesterday was simply this Texas team's Rice of 1997.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would propose that if indeed this team beats TCU, qualifies for a bowl game, and our administration actually accepts the Get Your Coke Here Bowl in some bull fighting arena in Juarez, that the administration offer loyal season ticket holders free tickets, free airfare, free hotel rooms, free transportation, free food, and free goody bags to those willing to attend. Knowing our administration, however, the goody bag would include autographed photos of Bill Powers and Steve Patterson.

11. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

The same administration (well, still under Deloss) that scheduled a game in Hawaii, then last minute cancelled it, leaving loyal fans on the hook for travel/accomodation cancellation fees?

12. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

You got me. :smile1: I meant to say 2-10 as predicting the final record. Win #2 was their Super Bowl Championship. :puke:

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Now that Joe Fan is posting on Herman to Texas I know it'll go our way...just like it did on his West Mall posts. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No, yesterday was this team's Route 66. The game after which the coach's ultimate end became a foregone conclusion.

16. horninchicago

I don't disagree, but I was being sarcastic that maybe Strong would say you can't expect to beat Kansas every year, a la Mackovic and Rice.