Just Put My Dad In Hospice

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by WillWork4Horns, Mar 31, 2010.

1. WillWork4Horns

WillWork4Horns 100+ Posts

My family and I just found out that our Dad has Melanoma. The cancer has spread to his liver, stomach and colon. His prognosis is poor he has been given 3-6 months, closer to 3 actually. He is 83 and has always been in great health. He walked 2 miles every morning, didn't smoke or drink and kept a good weight. He is the rock of our family and we are all having a very difficult time with this. I can't imagine how hard it is going to be to watch him over the next few months. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much.

2. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Prayers that God will grant you and your family strength and peace through the difficult days ahead of you.

HornHuskerDad [​IMG]

3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Prayers to your Dad and your family! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Good vibes and thoughts your way. Lean on the Hospice people. You will discover they are a very special breed of people and professional as well. They know what they are doing and are danged good at it from my experience. Ask them things and be their friend. They will be up close and personal with your pops and they can share some things going on with you, stories he may talk about.

I was very impressed with the Hospice people that tended to my Father in his last weeks. Love to your family and friends.

5. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

Everything that loop said. Hospice people are a special breed. They deal with things every day that most of us could not. Prayers to you brother.