Just Wondering

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LikeMike, Nov 5, 2017.

1. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

How many games have we lost in the last two years due to Charlie running off so many big guys?

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Impossible to assign blame.

3. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Charlie set the program back years. I blame him 95% for the lack of talent and the losing is ok attitude of our team. But at least none of our players smoke pot.

4. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

which big guys?

5. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

as long as you're keeping score you better count the big guys that have been run off by tom Herman in the last 6 months...

• Like Like x 4
  6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

yeah, that's what i wanted to compare.

7. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Guess we should get busy and recruit some big guys.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

Seems to be afterthought in 2018 class so far. Not enough four and five star guys in Texas this year. We are apparently waiting for better recruits in 2019. Although the 2018 guys are good enough for "all so rans" like TCU.

9. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

I like this thread :popcorn:

10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Patterson has a history of 2 & 3 star recruit success at TCU.

Hmmmm, wonder why that is... facilities, winning history, conference & NC's, NFL draft success, re-furbished stadium, hot co-eds, Fort Worth, the color purple?

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  11. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

We all remember TCU being a doormat in the SWC, and then the Big 12 happened and they weren't invited. So they went off and became Boise State in a lesser conference and waited until they got their chance to get back in with the big boys. I know that "right now" is what everyone is talking about but I feel like 4 years from now the tables will have turned back in our direction. Baylor had their "great for them" years and now those seem a distant memory. Hope this post doesn't sound too condescending or history-based, but, well, we've got a lot of scoreboard on a lot of teams and I expect those good days to come sooner rather than later. Hook 'Em!

12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Like the sentiment zucker but better start counting the years since we have been relevant. Yeah, it’s getting VERY depressing.

13. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Not relevant since 2009, IMO. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  14. 806 Horn

806 Horn 25+ Posts

Zero

• Like Like x 2
  15. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I know we all seem to think we need a lot of big uglies in the defense. But in our scheme, typically only one or two 300 pound defenders are on the field at a time. We have Keondre Coburn on the way ... maybe the most special DL recruit we've had since Malcom Brown. We've got Nelson, Wilbon and Christmas coming back at nose. Roach and Taquon Graham will get better at DE. Andrew Fitzgerald will get well. Ominihu already looks terrific to me.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  16. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

I did not make any distinction between defense and offense. We clearly need offensive linemen. We would probably be well served by having 3 NG and 7 DE to allow for injuries. Not an expert in the current defense, but probably use two 300 plus tackles in goal line and short yardage.

17. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I want really big fast O linemen on this team and lots of them. But not ugly ones, definitely not ugly. :idk:

18. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I dunno... I remember watching one game where the defensive linemen was shown up close and he had stringy hair and tats all over him and basically looked disgusting, and I thought to myself, "man if I'm an o-lineman, I don't even wanna TOUCH that guy! Not because I'm scared to block him, but because I'd have to go take a bath in hand sanitizer."

• Like Like x 2
  19. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

There is something to what you say. Maybe, just maybe, our opponents D lines are really dirty, not cheaters, but dirty dirty, and our O line is purposely avoiding contact with them for the reasons you stated. Who could blame them? :cow: :confused2: