Just Wondering....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KBBAKER, Mar 17, 2022.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don’t worry about the hotels. They are grossly over charging and many are sold out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Do we all 'really' care about the game time? It's Alabama. I'd watch that game at 5am, 11am, 7pm, midnight...Who cares?

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Who cares? Those of us who will be sitting in the sun care.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If I'm sitting in the sun, I don't care because that means the upper deck has fallen on top of my seats.

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. EMJ426

EMJ426 250+ Posts

The heat almost got me last year. Took me 45 min to get to the San Jacinto garage after the game. I love my Longhorns but those September early games are killers. I have me a collection of those St David’s wash cloths from last season.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

IF (and that is a big "IF") I decide to go to the Bama game, I'll fly into Austin that morning and fly out pretty quick after the game. Dry heat doesn't bother me at all, but it's the high humidity and high heat that's the bummer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Joe,

I understand, but would offer two things:

1) With the number of canceled flights these days, hedge your bets.

2) Consider flying into and out of San Antonio. Probably half the price or less.

8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That's great advice, Saber and I appreciate the info. But, I'll charter a small jet and the guys fly me out when I'm ready, and fly me back when I call them to leave. I started doing that years ago when I would have to go to D.C. for tax meetings with some Rep or Senator who could barely spell "tax" let alone knew anything about it. And every 9AM meeting I had up there, rarely started before 1PM. That screwed up a lot of flight plans. Sometimes we didn't meet at all and that caused a mess to get home. HOOK'EM!!

• Hot Hot x 2
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
  9. Gladius&Pilum

Gladius&Pilum 100+ Posts

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    11a.m. confirmed.
    The Big12... it just means less.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Time to make hotel reservations

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

9/2 is Friday! Which is it?? Tweet shows 9/2 and 9/3. Freaking morons!

12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It's 9/3.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

And Labor Day weekend. Traffic leaving Austin on 9/4 might be big fun. (On the Monday after the 2016 Notre Dame game (a Sunday night game) it took 2 hrs to get east of Bastrop on 71, what with everyone heading back to Houston.)