Juwan Mitchell Doubles Down...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LHABSOB, Jun 17, 2020.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It has become a mission of zeal. And that is why we know they made a threat despite what others may wish to deny.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Hey JuJu, you need any help packing up your crap and moving out of the dorm??

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Which is extortion
    click once to enlarge
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  4. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

I haven't had many issues with any Texas athletes speaking their mind during all this...until now.

This is a cowardly move by a player looking for greener pastures. He's now offered himself up to other schools without putting himself at any risk. There's not an athletic department in the country that would pull a scholarship from a black player for saying something like this right now. The bad press would cost significantly more than the scholarship, in spite of the fact the I don't think it would be wrong for them to do so. He knows this and is trying to find himself some playing time somewhere without risking his scholarship.

If he was really acting out of altruistic motives, his statement would've said something along the lines of "I cannot support the University of Texas and have therefore declined to accept a scholarship from the University"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

And of course it all comes down to addressing the real root cause. That isn't going to happen because it requires people to be accountable for their actions and change their behavior. We know that's not going to happen when they can just play the blame game with not only no consequences, but backing from MSM, social media, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I have been thinking about this and have decided I am not comfortable with Juwan Mitchell representing the University of Texas

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Leave and don't let the door hit ya on the way. Tell em to portal, and use their 'ships to bring in someone who wants to play for the University of Texas.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

That's the problem here. Herman's quote, the "do this or else" and attacking the Eyes of Texas changed it from "let's have a conversation" (which most people are fine with) to attacking the State, school, program, and fans. The issue is not the players speaking out. It is that they did not seem to think their requests through and "jumped the shark" with them where they came across as unreasonable and counterproductive. I agree with others that they were fed these demands by someone with ill intent.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

BYE!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

See ya.......

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. WorsterMan

Good luck at Sam Houston State, UTSA or NE Louisiana State.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WorsterMan

I need HIC photo from Tombstone....

13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You rang?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It is not my charge to deny or question the mission of racial activism for the historical truth and psychological trauma of it's legacy is owned by the oppressed. It is my opinion only that methods are fair game; not only because mob rule cannot create an equal society but also because I believe error only justifies the accused. The tactical approach is as important as the mission itself. There is no hatred that can bring people together. If love is a hopeless ideal then use reason and emotional control. Understand human nature. Everyone defends their core being. Teach people. Do not destroy them. For we will not survive destruction. But we can survive change. Give the people a chance to change. In time they will.

I understand that what is being asked is a level of emotional strength that may in fact be beyond my own capabilities. But I believe what I say is the way forward. My sources of guidance are Dr. King and Gandhi. We can make the cosmetic changes that are needed such as ridding ourselves of open homage to racist icons. But what about the hearts of every human being. How is it being reached? That is where method becomes paramount. This is a seminal moment in our lifetime. The civil rights movement is blazing hot. How will it end? Can a hard shove speed forward into perpetuity as in a vacuum or will the efforts of today lend itself only to cynicism and quiet patience to wait until today's inferno subsides? To change, someone must believe change because force does not foster belief. It only plants the seeds of resentment. To shame a racist into destruction is the natural reaction. To convert a racist into a believer takes something different.

It takes being the bigger person.

Again and again and again.

And as the moment of emotional relief is upon us, we must remember that anger and anarchy do not a society make.

What's next?

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  15. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

All 3 are full of their own distorted views. Saw something where Lebron says he has no white friends and doesnt want any? What a role model he is for "inclusion". He is no Larry Bird, Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan. He is a gazillionare now and is such based on the people he hates. Although he is wrong in his thinking, the fans supporting a douche like that are to blame. Pop and Kerr both hate America but like the hollywood elites, they wont leave the feed bag to stand on their own!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I believe they are unsophisticated in their world view because they are driven by emotion. Popovich in particular is not to be followed. His arrogance towards the media tipped me off long ago about his emotional make-up. He is consumed with his ego but he is corrupted as evidenced by his failure to take a world-view of right and wrong. He is only attempting to endear himself to the black community IN AMERICA while simultaneously assuaging his ego with his virtue signaling. His narcissism renders him incapable of being a true progressive who demands equality and freedom in every situation no matter the oppressor.

• Agree Agree x 1