Kansas State makes very good hire

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by FWHORN, Dec 11, 2018.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

I think K State, Kansas and Tech all did well with their hires. Iowa State extended the contract for their coach. Solid moves for the conference. We might need to add a few pages to the Binder to keep up.

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It should be a good hire, except we have several failures of Group of 5 coaches moving up to Power 5 jobs. FCS HC to Power 5 HC is a real jump even if the school isn't in the top tier of Power 5 teams.

4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I agree that it’s a great hire. Hope they give him four years. He may need it.

5. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Blasphemy

• Like Like x 1
  6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

7. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Not like they've been worth a **** at any time except under Snyder. This is as good a hire as they were going to get. Probably better than I expected.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Congratulations coach. Welcome to the Big 12.

9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Klieman was handed a program that had won 3 straight FCS championships with Craig Bohl as HC. Essentially, he took over a dynasty and managed to keep it going. That's no easy task but he won't have the advantages over the competition he had at NDSU. NDSU is the Oklahoma/Alabama of FCS. They spent 2004-2007 on probation and were ineligible for the playoffs.

Craig Bohl's record at U of Wyoming since he left NDSU: 28-35 Overall, 19-21 in conference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Back when NDSU was still the Fighting Sioux I met an ***'t coach at our tailgate who was a Longhorn. He was down here to recruit . He said the contrast was huge but that NDSU pretty good considering where they were.

He was laughing about the name change controversy saying the Sioux Nation of SD had given their blessing.
    I wish I remembered his name to see if he was still there and would be coming to KSt with Kleiman.