Kansas @ Texas 01/10/2023

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Jan 9, 2023.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Muhammad had 10 boards and effected the game defensively. She also had 2 points and 4 turnovers. Developmental need is a mid-range shot. She is pretty good in dribble-drive and takes it to the hoop well. And is a pretty good passer to the offside post. If she was any sort of threat from mid-range that would enhance her game tremendously. Schaefer is getting more confidence in her. She’s provided more so far than I expected. Her length and quickness are noticeable and she has good basketball IQ. Body language is good. I’m a fan.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I was looking mainly at her defensive contributions. When Hadi, then Taylor picked up the quick fouls I was worried that Jackson would take over the game. She didn't, and I give some credit to Amina for stepping up. You are absolutely correct that she has work to do on the offensive side. On this team, playing good defense will get her more playing time to work on her offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

There is ALWAYS minutes available for a good defensive player like Muhammad. Offense with young players typically need more time. I don’t think she will ever be a prolific scorer. If she could get 10 points and 10 boards and 3 assists a game, she could be a real asset next year. I think that statistical line would be about right.