Katy vs Westlake

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I don’t want to talk about it

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Greathouse from Westlake has D1 TE written all over him.

3. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Katy won’t move up from their #2 ranking

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Hell, be proud. Katy kept it closer than anybody else has.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Still, it was the worst playoff loss in the history of Katy HS. Westlake is rolling. Katy did a good job of neutralizing Kaiser, but Westlake just took to the air and whooped em anyway. My wife graduated from Westlake, so I get to ride her coattails since my HS has sucked at football for ~40 years. Our last state championship was 1974.

• Like Like x 1
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Can we throw a bucket of money at Klubnik?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I guess you will have to cheer for Paetow now.

8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Ordinarily I wouldn’t care about Katy Paetow but they are playing College Station HS Friday so I instinctively feel some hostility towards this opponent

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Dion
    Trust your instincts:clap::hookem:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

It’s not primarily Klubnik—it’s primarily “everything.” Vandergrift had averaged 45 a game against a decent schedule, and could not score a single point until the very end when Westlake had 3rd team defense and 4th string QB in. The two defensive ends are like 6’6”. There’s a major future D1 OL that transferred in from out of state and he can basically block whoever they put in front of him. They block punts, they draw offsides penalties, they intercept passes (and all go into blocking to try to get the pick 6), they swarm to tackle without stupid penalties, basically every detail. 39 straight games, and that includes a lot of really good teams—North Shore, Katy, SLC, Lake Travis, Trinity—it’s pretty unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Klubnik sure throws a pretty ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Problem is, there is only one ball. How would you manage Ewers, Klubnik, Thomson, Murphy… Not possible, maybe. Then again, Sark managed to keep Mac Jones in the fold at Bama as he watched Tua and Hurts prosper. So who knows? But like someone (perhaps Sangre) said, how do we really know how the QBs will pan out? Our “can’t miss” QBs don’t always seem to do as well as other program’s can’t miss prospects. Then again, none of those players were coached by Sark…

13. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

He sure does. He’s also a beautiful runner.
    Wasn’t Ewers said to be only the second perfectly graded college ready QB in history—the other one being Vincent Young? So, “can’t miss” can be overused, but that’s close to what the analytics are saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Ewers isn't here nor committed yet so we should continue to recruit Klubnik. As far as the rest, whoever is here can compete for the job. After that, whatever happens, happens. We keep recruiting 5 star QB's every year and having a roster full of them then something good is bound to happen. Who care's if a couple then transfer out as long as we have a starter and a backup who can sling it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Do you think Dabo losing his OC might impact Klubnik to look around?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Phil Elliott

I'd rather have their 6'6" rush DE who is committed to meat chicken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

State semis has a bunch of blowouts as usual. I get that you have to work through the geographical stuff first, but this pattern seems unavoidable in recent years.

18. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

This was definitely a statement win. The only thing I wonder about this Katy team is that my Alma mater was tied with Katy late in the 4th quarter this season before finally losing and we didn't get past the second round. I'm not sure this was an all time great Katy team. Westlake was somewhat lucky to beat Northshore last year but this is arguably the best Westlake team of all time.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

It is definitely not, but the bar has been set high and expectations follow.
    I don’t know about Westlake historically but this year’s team is just phenomenal. They should cruise to a state title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Arguably the best high school QB in the country doesn't hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Phil Elliott

Great news! This kid I was referring to, Ethan Burke, has swapped his commitment from Michigan to UT.

• Like Like x 3